PDA

View Full Version : 91' Sunsport...Opinions??

jroth142
05-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey guys, I am currently looking at a 91' Sunsport and was just wondering if anyone could offer any opinions on the boat. It only has 200hrs and the marine is supposedly rebuilding the carb. this week cause the boat has not been ran much. The exterior is in great condition and the interior is in pretty good condition espeacially considering the age. The back seat is ripped up pretty good but the rest seams to be in good cond. We would plan on reapousltry job likely sometime this winter to give the boat a new look. It has the 351 PCM which I've heard is a decent motor and easy to work on. I would plan on weighting it down for wakeboarding, any opinions on how it would handle the weight? Also, anyone who has weighted an older sunsport that would like to give some advice would be great. Any opinions at all would be appreciated. What would a decent price be for the boat?? Tandem trailer. Thanks

delbert
05-20-2005, 11:49 AM
I owned a 1991 Sunsport and loved the boat. Hull is similar to the standard Launch hull so wake potential with weight should be good. The 1991 still has wood so check out the stringers. We loved the deep freeboard, room, wake versatility, ...

Salty87
05-20-2005, 04:33 PM
i've got an 89 parked in my yard, it's a friends. i like it, rides great and plenty of power.

i think it was around $9k with tandem....he bought the trailer that was for sale in the classifieds here a while ago.

jroth142
05-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks guys. Supposed to pic it up tomarrow!!

Juice75
05-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Did you get the boat? Post some pics! I'm thinking about going from a Comp to a Sunsport to get a little more room.

jroth142
05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Nope. Went up to Michigan to pick it up a dealer up there and they were supposed to rebuild the carb during the week so it was ready when we picked it up. To make a long story short, the boat ran like complete crap and they don't really know what's wrong with it. Talk about a waste of a day!!

selle92
05-27-2005, 04:03 PM
What Dealer in Michigan?

I just picked up a Mariah in Michigan... boy, if I wasn't happy, I wouldda been PO'd since it was a 12hr drive for me.