PDA

View Full Version : Need right wing window for 1989 Comp

Performance-first
09-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi gang! I broke the right wing window on my 1989 Comp ts6m this weekend. Anyone have a new or used one they want to sell?

cadunkle
09-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Don't we all? Do these swap between different models of boats or are they unique to each model?

mapleleaf
09-07-2011, 09:06 PM
they are unique, Supra used 2 diff windshield man's back then, I have the wrong replacement set for mine, both left and right...Shoot me the 3 measurements of your remaining window and I may be able to help.....I'll have to send you the pair....but they're just sitting around!!!
John
416 827-4600

Performance-first
09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Great! Let me get it measured up and I'll send it to you.

Thanks, Al

Performance-first
09-08-2011, 04:49 PM
they are unique, Supra used 2 diff windshield man's back then, I have the wrong replacement set for mine, both left and right...Shoot me the 3 measurements of your remaining window and I may be able to help.....I'll have to send you the pair....but they're just sitting around!!!
John
416 827-4600

Mine came from American Marine out of Pompano Beach Florida

The measurement across the bottom is 18 7/8" (479.4 mm) This is the glass only, between the radiused tip and to the end of the glass inside the frame.
The measurement from the front radius to the top of the inside of the hinge frame is 16 7/8" (428.6mm)
The measurement from the bottom perpendicular up to the top over the radius is 8 5/8" (219 mm)

Thickness is 3/16" (4.75mm)

Thanks, Al

mapleleaf
09-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Hilarious, you just gave me the measurements of the window I needed for my Conbrio....The spares I have arent American Marine...Thats too bad I'd like to see these things get some use!
Side note I made a replacement out of plexi....it's been fooling me for 3 yrs.....

Performance-first
09-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Hilarious, you just gave me the measurements of the window I needed for my Conbrio....The spares I have arent American Marine...Thats too bad I'd like to see these things get some use!
Side note I made a replacement out of plexi....it's been fooling me for 3 yrs.....

I work at a Tool & Die shop that has an Abrasive Water Jet machine. I am going to try buying an old side window from an auto salvage yard and see if I can cut one out on it. We cut glass on it from time to time, don't have much to lose I guess.

Performance-first
09-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Bump, Just keeping this alive.

Performance-first
10-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Bump to top...

yellow boat
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Check with Anthony @ SkiersChoice. The original template was purchased by someone down in Louisiana and parts can be replaced if you can get ahold of this place. I had to have my entire windshield replaced after my Conbrio windshield was crushed a couple years back. They did a great job. The replacement was almost exact. I have looked through my files and just can't seem to come up with who it is without probably going up in the attic and chasing down old cc files. Anyway, I would recommend this place for any windshield/wing/frame for the older Supra's. He even had the T-handle for the wing vent glass.

James