PDA

View Full Version : looking to purchase 89 supra mariah

pfaudi_a4
05-18-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm new to this forum, found it recently...seems to be some good information on it.

Anywho, I'm looking at purchasing a 1989 21' Supra Mariah....any thing I should watch out for, and known issues with this MY, anything good to say about it, any comments in general?

How's the hole shot, top end?

Anybody been barefooting behind one?

Anything would help. Thanks.

By the way, I'd be using it mostly for wakeboarding, but some for skiing/barefooting as well.
________
Medical Marijuana Doctor (http://mmjp.org)

bpskis
05-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Mariah is a great boat. We had a red '89 for ten years, never had too many problems. As long as it was well cared for it shouldn't have any major issues. One thing I like about Supra's is how the gel lasts. If you look at other manufacturer's boat from the same year, there is usually oxidation. However, our 89 still looked great when we sold it in 99. The top speed of ours was about 45 with a 454, great hole shot. We mostly skied and barefooted. I'm sure it throws a nice wake though, as it is a fairly large inboard. Keep us posted on how it turns out, and enjoy your summer.

06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
I suggest checking every inch of that floor for dry rot. Take the back of a screwdriver and hit it against the floor. Sharp sound is good. Dull thud sound means dry rot. Dry rot repair is a lot of work. Check out the repair section of the message board and read about dry rot issues before you buy the boat.