PDA

View Full Version : Need to ship a Supra... Any advice?

mydogzeke
09-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of buying a Supra, but i need to have it shipped to my house. I've read a lot of scary stuff about web sites like Uship. Does anyone have a shipping company that is reasonable that you know and trust. I would appreciate any info you have. Please let me know asap. The deal is set to go down this weekend.

Thanks!

chrisk
09-09-2011, 02:08 AM
How far are you shipping it?

haugy
09-09-2011, 09:13 AM
From where to where?

AustinSaltare
09-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Try UShip.com ... I've used a couple of shippers thru UShip with good success

Okie Boarder
09-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I used uship also and had a good experience. But, as others have asked, from where to where? I know a few old coworkers that are good guys that have started hot shot businesses, and the company I used through uship was good so I could refer you direct.

Bkrobz
09-09-2011, 12:41 PM
I used uShip to get my boat from Texas to Utah. I paid about $1,000 to have it done and had a good experience. My advice, do your research. Call the shippers, talk to them, get business licenses, insurance info, etc. There are some sketchy ones on there but some good ones too. The cheapest one is probably not the best. It worked out great for me.

michael hunter
09-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Where is it shipping from I am going to Chicago next week.

mydogzeke
09-10-2011, 02:16 PM
From Kansas City to Lexington, KY. Yeah, i've considered Uship, but I've just read so many negative things about them. But, you guys have had good success? I've got a friend who thinks he may have some reliable guys. I put it up for some bids on Uship. I got some pretty reasonable responses; yet, again, I'm a little hesitant to trust some of the super low bids.

Thanks for the responses!

foxriverat
09-11-2011, 08:59 AM
What kind of Supra did you get? Do you know the people? KC to KY isnt that far. I would want to see the boat in person. Before I purchased. Unless you have seen it before and know all about the boat.

mydogzeke
09-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks Bkrobz. That was good advice. I went with a reputable shipper from Uship. So, far so good. It was fairly inexpensive. He's been communicating well, so far. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I've been pleased with the system thus far. I will also post another thread once the project begins on the 95' Supra Saltare.

Thanks

Bkrobz
10-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks Bkrobz. That was good advice. I went with a reputable shipper from Uship. So, far so good. It was fairly inexpensive. He's been communicating well, so far. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I've been pleased with the system thus far. I will also post another thread once the project begins on the 95' Supra Saltare.

Thanks

So, did everything work out ok? I was nervous at first but found a much better deal in TX and I purchase insurance before it shipped. Hope it all worked out for you!

mydogzeke
10-11-2011, 10:49 PM
So, did everything work out ok? I was nervous at first but found a much better deal in TX and I purchase insurance before it shipped. Hope it all worked out for you!

Yes, everything worked out great. I posted it on Uship and got several bids. I just narrowed them down by doing some research on the shippers. I ended up going with a guy from StarFleet Trucking, INC. named Richard Olsen. He was great and very reasonably priced. He had insurance and he took care of everything very well. He even called me several times along the trip and sent me pics of the boat and trailer all hooked up. Needless to say, I was very pleased.

I also got some sketchy bids from sketchy providers... so, I'm sure you have to be careful with that kind of thing.

Bkrobz
10-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Yes, everything worked out great. I posted it on Uship and got several bids. I just narrowed them down by doing some research on the shippers. I ended up going with a guy from StarFleet Trucking, INC. named Richard Olsen. He was great and very reasonably priced. He had insurance and he took care of everything very well. He even called me several times along the trip and sent me pics of the boat and trailer all hooked up. Needless to say, I was very pleased.

I also got some sketchy bids from sketchy providers... so, I'm sure you have to be careful with that kind of thing.

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you no problems.