PDA

View Full Version : Front vents on '98 Legacy

Shandy
09-09-2011, 12:51 PM
We just bought a '98 Legacy. The vents in front of the windshield have hoses attached to them. The one on drivers side seems fine. The port side is dumping rainwater into the boat. The carpet on that side is sopping wet after every rain storm. Should this hose be connected somewhere to direct the water to the bilge?

foxriverat
09-10-2011, 07:46 AM
The 2 vents outside should run to 2 vents inside between dash and windshield. At least on my 96 comp thats how they run. You can buy replacement hose at hardware store. I had to pull floorboard under dash to give me enough room to get at mine. You might also have to pull drivers seat to get under hull if your bigger.

Shandy
09-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Still haven't figured out how to fix this issue. There is a place to connect the end of the leaking hose...it is located high on the inside of the compartment that it is leaking into. Seems like water would collect in the hose.
Anyone have a '98 legacy that could shed some light for us?

foxriverat
09-17-2011, 09:52 AM
I looked at a picture of a legacy and didnt realize you had an open bow. I see the vents your talking about outside the windshield. I would think the hoses would run to the bilge or engine compartment for ventilation. If you cant see in those areas. Try reaching in. And feel around for them.

Shandy
05-11-2012, 11:06 AM
We have replaced hoses on all vents. There are 4 hoses in the rear, one of them is attached to PVC that goes below the engine to the bilge. The other 3 drop down behind the fuel tank and are dumping rainwater in so it puddles on the port side of the boat. Soaking carpet every rainstorm. Anyone out there with similar experience? Trying to design some attachments to secure to the cover that will keep rain out and still allow for ventilation.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

wotan2525
05-11-2012, 11:10 AM
The vents also rot over time and cause this problem to escalate. The only permanent solution is to get a cover that will cover all of those vents. It's a pricey fix but the only one that I found to work.

It's less to worry about in your boat since you have all composite construction. I think with some creative routing of your hoses you can eliminate 90% of the problem.