PDA

View Full Version : Which is better cross-over boat - 21V or 22 SSV?

cc-rider
05-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I am looking to get into a v-drive. Family needs more room and my kids like to wakeboard. However, I still like to ski as well so I am wondering which boat has a better ski wake when unloaded? The 21v and 22 SSV are the 2 that I am interested in.

Any thoughts?

02LaunchSSV
05-20-2005, 08:35 PM
You won't go wrong with either choice, 30+mph and with a wakeplate, your ski wake will resemble one of typical direct drive at the same speed plus, more room.

Diggs
05-23-2005, 11:00 AM
I am not sure about the SSV, but my 21V is prob not a great ski boat... I have never skied behind it, but I have looked back there at 30mph and there is still a decent size wake. I don't think any V-Drive will be a great crossover unless you are just an occasional skier.... Great wakeboard boat and lots of room for hanging out.... who knows I am not a skier though.. just my $.02

BW2-LTS
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I own a comp. LTS and my neighbor just bought a 21V. There is no comparison in the wake, the 21V's wake is much bigger, although it is better than a I/O's wake. If you are just skiing open water and are not planning on running the course you will be fine with the 21V's wake. The wake plate does flatten the wake some but nowhere near as flat as a direct drive. If you want a good crossover boat I would suggest looking at the direct drive version of the Launch, you will sacrifice room though.