PDA

View Full Version : Inboard Ski Boat "CRUISE-IN"

csuggs
09-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Mike at Sun Fun Marine Sales in Reynoldsburg, OH is advertising an Inboard Ski Boat cruise in for this Sunday, September 18 at Buckeye Lake at 10:00am.

Use the Liebs Island Launch area at Millersport. Lunch will be at the Port Lounge in Thorneport (cash only). He says bring your new, old or classic inboard boat!

I think I'm going to check it out!

www.sunfunmarine.com

chrisk
09-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Sounds awesome, wish I knew of one of those around my area!

csuggs
09-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Cleaning on the boat today - getting ready for the cruise tomorrow.

TitanTn
09-18-2011, 12:01 AM
So how'd the cruise go? See any other classic Supras?

csuggs
09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Only 5 of us showed up for the cruise, but it was a pretty day and we had fun. Besides me there was an '85 Century Resorter, a '90 American Skier, a Ski Centurion and a Ski-Tique from the 70's. All the boats were in really good shape - all nice rides. Buckeye Lake is shallow and the water looks a little funny, but we had a good time. Cruised the length of the lake and went to a real "hole-in-the-wall" joint that served really, really good smoked brisket and pork. Beer was cold too . . .

Here are a few pics - check out the "canal" we had to go through to get to the restaurant - only about 3ft deep!

Blackntan90
09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Looks like a good time, for sure. If you had taken that canal at speed, I'll bet she would of only drawn a foot or so!!

wotan2525
09-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Only 5 of us showed up for the cruise, but it was a pretty day and we had fun. Besides me there was an '85 Century Resorter,

I grew up skiing at the family cabin (which was actually a group of 7 cabins all owned by our very LARGE family.) We kids took turns skiing (or trying to ski) behind the 25hp aluminum fishing boat when we were really young and the rickety pontoon boat. By the time we were too big for those to pull us up, the folks upgraded to an 85 hp aluminum Lund. We made due with what we have... but... Grandpa had a CHERRY 1966 Century Resorter that was always kept in the boat house. I only remember being allowed to ski behind it 1-time and it was a real treat. Otherwise -- no kids allowed!

It looked almost identical to the one in your photo except it was obviously wood instead of glass.