PDA

View Full Version : wake shape

pete zittere
05-21-2005, 12:23 PM
i need help shaping my wake on my 24 ssv '05 . any ideas. loading ballasts and plate still dont have a crisp wake.:)

Schmo
05-22-2005, 11:57 AM
What is your definition of a crisp wake? I load my ballast up and raise the wakeplate all the way to 1/4 down and the wake is fine.

What about you wake isn't crisp?

Diggs
05-23-2005, 10:57 AM
are you sure you are running fast enough.... don't trust your speedo on the perfect pass

pete zittere
05-25-2005, 03:38 PM
when i mean crisp : no white water, no mush,
i found a good thread for wake and they too said i probably need to go faster like 24mph and not fully fill rear bags;) :p

pete zittere
05-25-2005, 03:38 PM
when i mean crisp : no white water, no mush,
i found a good thread for wake and they too said i probably need to go faster like 24mph and not fully fill rear bags;) :p

05-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Speed up and make sure you are weighted evenly.... don't always trust your speedo unless it has been GPS calibrated... mine is way off

msutoad
05-25-2005, 10:59 PM
I would not go faster than 24 MPH unless you have a death wish. :)

I have an 04 SSV, and my wake it very crisp and firm @ 21.5 - 22.5 MPH. I usually ride at 21.5 or 21.7.

You have to play with the wake, using the wake plate, the people in the boat and the ballast. It will always fluctuate a little bit depending on the # of people in the boat.

Schmo
05-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Let half of the water out? Is it washing out on both sides? If not, you have a left/right weight distribution problem. Put more weight on the washy side.

I have had 6 people in the boat with ballast totally full and it has been clean out at 70/75 ft at 22.5 even with the wakeplate all the way up (not engaged at all). I even tried an extra 600+lb fat sac on the back seat and the wake was still clean out there although I would probably raise to 23-23.2. The wake on this boat does have a lip on it but it isn't washy or soft.

McFly from WaterSkiDallas runs bigger sacs in the back (about 900lbs each) and with that he is pushing close to 3000lbs. He states it to be clean at 75ft at 23.7 and the wakeplate around 1/2... also huge. I am ordering the bags and upgrading to the wakeboard prop so I will let you know.

Needless to say, you shouldn't have to empty any water out of the sacs unless you have a boat load of people. Like someone else said, make sure you speedo/PP is reading the correct speed. If it is reading 1mph too fast, that can make all the difference. It is amazing what 1mph can do.

wylecoyote
08-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I have a 2006 Supra Launch 21V. love the boat. recently my kids are getting more aggressive in their wake boarding and we're noticing similar wake shape as the above. The right wake is washed out where the left is more well defined and has a higher apex. If I'm reading the above correctly, this is related to weight distribution in the boat?

if so, can I tweak it by varying the amount of water in each sac?

OneCent
08-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Yes and yes.. but its easier and faster to move the people around ;-)