PDA

View Full Version : New toy

jaynick1
09-18-2011, 08:07 PM
It isnt much of a looker, interior is where the boat suffers, but the motor is only three yrs old and runs amazing. Got a great deal on a lake ready boat. I am gonna try to squeeze all I can out of the rest of the GA season. Sorry for crappy cell pics.793479357936

wotan2525
09-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Congrats! Was this a salt water boat? Galvanized trailer??

jaynick1
09-19-2011, 09:29 AM
From what I could tell boat has never seen salt. Trailer runners need a little work, one is broken near the rear. Not too hard of a fix but a pain. I think one day during winter ill drop it in and put in a new runner, or for now just rig up a metal sandwich plate underneath the carpet as a temporary fix.

jaynick1
09-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Its an 86, same age as me :)...hope i didnt make anyone feel too old.

jaynick1
09-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Like the bars on the sides of the windshield? And dumb question but didnt they put glass in there for later models?

Okie Boarder
09-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Looks good...enjoy. Welcome.

ATL_Adam
09-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the family jaynick! Looks like we have a little GA family in the works; we need to get everyone together for a day on Lanier! Post some more pictures when you get some time. I'm sure we'd all like to see what you got. I remember seeing it on CL a while back. I recall the price was very decent.

-Adam

csuggs
09-23-2011, 03:27 PM
I've never seen an '86 with window bars like mine. Thought they stopped doing that in '84.

Dan - I agree that I've never seen an 86 with that particular windshield, but I also don't think I've seen an 84 with those bow rails - like my 86. I know Supra Sports used whatever they had available to build a boat at times, maybe this is a "for instance"

Who knows . . . .

jaynick1
09-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the family jaynick! Looks like we have a little GA family in the works; we need to get everyone together for a day on Lanier! Post some more pictures when you get some time. I'm sure we'd all like to see what you got. I remember seeing it on CL a while back. I recall the price was very decent.

-Adam

I agree, I grew up in roswell so I know lanier pretty well, now I am stationed down here. I will post pics when I get a chance, I had it out on the lake down here saturday and sunday and it ran like a top, had to dust off the wakeboarding cobwebs but it came back quick and felt great.

Side note, anyone have any 14inch 5 lug wheels and tires for sale, two of mine are leaking at the beads and it would probably cost almost the same for me to have them reseated than to buy a couple decent used ones.

Blackntan90
09-28-2011, 06:40 PM
If the tires/rims are in good shape otherwise, I have had good luck with the tire Slime. I got mine at Wal-mart.

astinwes
10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
boat looks good, i see your from robins, where do yall usually ride?

inair
11-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey jaynick, I went a looked at that boat several times before I finally decided on another boat. For the price I think it was a good deal, just a little more work than I wanted to do. Welcome to the Supra family and best of luck with your new toy.