PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Supra SSV no power to (either) fuel pump

mikeg_ms
09-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Hello folks,

We have a 2003 SSV with ~150 hours on it. (Throttle Body Injection) We were out on the lake idling, getting ready to tow kids tubing - I was putting a load on the 12v socket to run an air compressor, but I think that's a red herring. The engine quit and won't refire, but it will crank. Here's what we know:

We have spark - put a test line on a line and try and crank it
We have 12v to the starter (so the main circuit breaker isn't tripped)
The 3 fuses on the engine are good

There are 0V to the fuel pumps, there is a grey / black pair with a marine connector, sitting above the engine coming out of the main bus, it splits to the two pumps somewhere in a wrapped line. The relay with the grey wire clicks but we haven't been able to check outbound (or inbound volts) but it is closing on the signal from the ECM.

Best we can figure is that there is a loose wire on the back side of the fuel pump power connector or the relay but I thought I'd check and see if anyone else had any ideas first (or if there's a better wiring diagram than this, which is for a different boat, but seems correct still: ftp://ftp2.indmar.us/Service%20Information/Electrical%20&%20EFI%20Related/Wiring%20Diagrams/MEFI%204%20Series%20Diagrams/MEFI%204%20-%205.7.pdf )

thanks

Chaser720
08-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Ever find a solution here? Having a similar problem.