PDA

View Full Version : INT League and disabled wakeboarding

wspeedin
09-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Hey everyone,
I wanted to share this interview with everybody.
http://www.intleague.com/2011/09/22/if-there-is-a-will-there-is-a-way/
check it out and pass it on. I hope yall enjoy.

dusty2221
09-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Great job Will. I had a great friend that ended up paralyzed and is doing similar things. He was paralyzed while riding on the practice MX track at my house. Tough situation.

Regardless, he ended up getting his bike set up with auto shifters, a cage, the whole 9 yards so he could ride again. People like you guys are an inspiration.

scotthons
09-22-2011, 04:36 PM
That is awesome Will and congrats on the engagement as well!

Okie Boarder
09-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Awesome! Definitely congrats on the engagement too...really cool!

cadunkle
09-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Very inspiring, thanks for sharing. I'm glad you're able to keep at the active lifestyle you enjoy, and show others that they can too. Congrats on the win and engagement!

I didn't know your injury was from a motorcycle accident. I've had a couple close calls with people turning in front of me, but went down about 3 years ago on the highway in a nasty tank slapper. Worn triple tree bearings were the culprit. I was worried for a bit, fortunately wearing a full face helmet so when the bike threw me and I hit face first that saved my mug. I had a concussion, a fair amount of road rash and meat hanging out, and some minor back injuries that get irritated when I ride, but fortunately I made it through alright. Just thought it was interesting that we're the same age, same boat, and both been through motorcycle wrecks. In any event, glad you're out there tearing it up!

wspeedin
09-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks everybody!!!

cadunkle, dont let my accident detur you from riding! Shit happens! I am also grateful I had a full face helmet on. If I didnt I wouldnt be alive. I was riding and a lady coming from the opposite direction turned in front of me in her Expedition. When I hit her my face smeared across her truck right below the back window. Even with a full face I broke my jaw in three different places. I broke both bones in my right arm, my right wrist. I punctured a lung from breaking three ribs on my right side and of course, I severed my spinal cord at the T4.
Its crazy the obstacles life throws at you, but Im a better person for it and so I use everyday Im alive to make sure I live!

Where there's a Will, there's a way. :)