PDA

View Full Version : I'm not dead...just tired

Ptownkid
09-24-2011, 07:55 AM
What's going on everyone? Just thought I'd throw a post up as i got a couple PM's asking what happened to me, and the answer is that we had our second child on the 31st of august. Mom and baby (girl) are great, dad is exhausted as I have been working like crazy trying to make up for my wife's lost income.

The old style saltare dash panels are still in the works, i just have not had any time to dedicate to it lately.

Hopefully I'll be able to spend an absurd amount of time here reading again soon, lol.

Cheers, Bryan

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Ptownkid/100_1843.jpg

bens250ex
09-24-2011, 01:50 PM
congrats fella!!

mapleleaf
09-24-2011, 08:35 PM
looks good bud....the exhaustion is sooo worth it...

Ptownkid
09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
yeah...it is, but I'm really looking forward to a guilt free day of boat tinkering

DAFF
09-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Here is an idea..... Jolly Jumper and a tower!!!! This way next spring you will be ready!!! Congrats the first 12months are the hardest!!!

mapleleaf
09-25-2011, 10:21 AM
yeah...it is, but I'm really looking forward to a guilt free day of boat tinkering

No kidding!!!! Gimme the good news!!! Working on a little interior cleaning and wiring today, she's gotta look good for her new accessories!!!!

rludtke
09-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi Brian,

Congratulations! Is this #1 for you? I remember those days... My girls are now 10 and 12. Kids make you tired- get used to it. The type of tiredness changes over the years (mental tiredness vs. physical tiredness), but tired just the same. They are worth it though. Your Supra will make a great family boat by the way, try your best to hang on to it and use it. My boat was a hard to justify expense, but it proved to be a fantastic family activity. My girls actually think I am cool when we are playing witrh the boat. That makes it all worth it.

Jetlink
09-25-2011, 02:54 PM
No kidding!!!! Gimme the good news!!! Working on a little interior cleaning and wiring today, she's gotta look good for her new accessories!!!!

You get that marker stuff removed or are you going to keep it as a memory? How's the wiring coming along? Figure out your motor issues?

Blackntan90
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Jet, I 2nd on the congrats! Enjoy it now- they grow up soooo fast!! Mine has moved to Pittsburgh to attend college, we only talk on the phone and Skype now! I miss her alot- she became the best at driving the boat!

sybrmike
09-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Congrats! That'll change your priorities for sure... Yes, as they grow it changes, but the work never ends. I haven't touched my boat in weeks - kids' homecoming, soccer, band, cross country, orchestra, homework, etc., etc., etc. But I cherish every moment (well, most of them) because they do grow up soooo fast.

mapleleaf
09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
You get that marker stuff removed or are you going to keep it as a memory? How's the wiring coming along? Figure out your motor issues?

Didn't quite make it to the walk through, but threw the doghouse back on and trying to get her ready for a couple more splashes this yr.......

dshaff24
09-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Congrats.. Nothing more important then Family! Boats will always be around!

Ptownkid
09-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys! This is our second, and yes, i love every second of it...and yes the boat will make a great family activity for sure. Knowing that our kids will love being at the cottage was a large motivator to make it happen sooner than later, and my son LOVED tubing with me this summer and he was only about 19-20 months old...in fact he surprised us this summer when he learned to jump into the water this summer...we all had a blast and I'm sure that will continue!

Okie Boarder
09-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Congrats! Enjoy.

haugy
09-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Congrats.

Now about those dash panels................ :)

Ptownkid
09-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Only you Haugy, only you...

I promise to get on them asap, won't take me long to draw them up in autocad once i have a spare few hours. At the moment I have not had the time to so much as fart. On the plus side, days before the baby came I got hired for an undetermined amount of time by a new $10M recording studio as a tech which is basically a dream come true for me. Working my cheeks off and trying to make myself so useful that they are left with no choice but to take me on permanently.

haugy
09-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm just bustin your balls man. The season is almost over, we got plenty of time to work on our projects. You take care of that baby.

Safety Bob
10-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Congrats Bryan! You are lucky you now have that little girl. My wife and I have four boys and she never lets me forget that I did not give her a little girl! I love the boys with everything I have, but I have to admit that I would have liked to have a girl as well. Congrats!!! A shot of the boys on the Saltare is included. Never give up the Supra!8026