PDA

View Full Version : New to Supra; couple questions

inair
09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi all. I've been reading this forum for over a year now and finally bought a '91 Sunsport! Ive had it out on the water three times now and REALLY love it! Still trying to figure out how to post pics. I'll get it soon I hope.

Couple questions. The prop appears to be origional and is quite corroded to the point of being very jagged on the outside edges. At certain RPMs there is a deffinete harmonic vibration that sounds like WA WA AW. I'm wondering if this could be the prop being unbalanced due to corrosion?

One other question is about the rudder. Should I be able to move the rudder much with my fingers? Right now I can move it back and forth or side to side about 3/4 inch. I also seem to be taking on a little water from around the fitting.

Ok, sorry one more :) On the back of the boat on the starboard side is what apears to be a hose fitting. I've found an owners manual for this boat but don't see anything about it. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for all the great info you veterans have provided. It has helped inspire and educate.

Blackntan90
09-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Supra! First, on the prop, take it to a shop and get it looked at- before something bad happens! On the rudder, that is too much play- from what I have heard. It should probably be removed and inspected during the off-season. And on the hose fitting on the back, if it is the kind you can hook a garden hose to, it's probably for flushing the motor. We would( and will) need pic's to be sure!

inair
09-26-2011, 02:10 PM
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/kennash737/IMG_0257.jpg

Ok this is a test to see if the pics arrive here from Photo Bucket!?

lively
09-26-2011, 03:50 PM
when you want to upload just click on the img code and copy paste to the reply box , (the pics didnt show up )