PDA

View Full Version : The malibu wedge

Greg K
08-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Is there anything available for a supra that is similar to the "wedge by malibu", the hydro foil mounted to the boat for added wake size? There are claims of added wake size equal to 1000 pounds of balast. Trying to make a bigger wake and not lose all of my compartments.

Andrew_Jet_Mitchell
10-07-2002, 11:42 AM
Did you ever get a answer on your e-mail. I was very interested in finding out for myself. I've had that same idea for a year now. I think it would be less stress on the boat , not adding all that weight. Let me know if you find out anything. Thanks

gm
03-08-2003, 10:05 PM
i have an 89 supra comp and was visiting with the local guys at the ski shop in town. they sell malibus. i asked them if i could put the wedge on my boat and they said the transom on my supra was not thick enough to withstand the stress the wedge puts on a transom.

Salty87
03-10-2003, 11:59 AM
a few people have posted on different sites about adding the wedge to boats other than malibu. both that i can remember are on www.wakeworld.com (search the boards) and both used older mastercrafts.

apparently, malibu wants your hull # when you order a wegde. but, these guys said it worked fine and the transom was ok.

i can see why malibu would want to protect themselves from liability and competitors.

03-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Alot of extra drag=Alot of extra gas.