PDA

View Full Version : Looking for your input.

michael hunter
09-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Kurt Backus owner of Atlanta Marine . Atlanta marine is ranked #1 in the US by Skiers Choice. Anybody that has had dealings with them knows why. Anyway the subject of hosting an owners reunion came up and he was very interested since they have multiple locations on the water at lake Lanier GA. I need your input to start planning this event.

1- Head count would you be interested in attending?
2- Dates when would be best for all? I was thinking spring 2012.
3- Location ? I was thinking of making it a weekend camping event at Van Pugh state park just down the channel from Hideaway Bay and Atlanta Marine.
4- Cost? How much would be an acceptable attendance fee to help cover food ,drink and raffle prizes? I was thinking 10-20 dollars per person.
I have attended the owners reunions hosted by Ultimate Wake Fox lake IL. they were always a great time.
Any help or input would be appreciated.

Mike Hunter
219-712-5060

FoiltechLaunch21V
10-03-2011, 02:49 PM
We would be there.

10-15 in my group.
Spring would be great
$10-20 very good
Location that you spoke of would also be fine for us.

What ever we could do to help!!!

michael hunter
10-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the reply foil we are a long way from the planning stage. I am just trying to get a feel for the amount of interest at this point.

Yo Supra guys. Doesn't seem to be much interest here I have 200 hits and 10 responses on the Moomba forum

Blackntan90
10-04-2011, 08:53 PM
We would be interested, if it wasnt so far away. Call me what you will, but that may not happen for us- but it does sound like a great time!

Sluggo
10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
8 hour trek for me, but it all depends on the weekend that is picked and kids schedules. I have family and friends in the area so it would be a cool thing to do, just need the stars to align. I will keep an eye on this thread for sure. I actually bought my boat from Atlanta Marine and Heidi and now Cyndi take good care of me when ever I need parts. My local dealer could care less unless I want to buy a new boat. Not a good way to do business in my opinion.

Jetlink
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
My local dealer could care less unless I want to buy a new boat. Not a good way to do business in my opinion.

I love dealers like this, want nothing to do with you unless you are going to spend big money on a new boat. Had a friend that was getting jerked around like that... Finally went in one day, did a test drive at said dealership haggled with him and everything and then walked out told him he was going to the dealer that serviced his boat as they had earned his business. Never seen a person back pedal faster in my life.

suprasam
10-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I would be up for it....let me know what is needed and price sounds good. I'm on Lake Allatoona so it won't be a far drive for me....although I am the only person I know with a Supra (85 Sunsport) but I have a couple of friends who have other types that would come and pay if able to as well! Let me know what kind of help is needed. I have relatives that own a t-shirt screen printing company and will give me a hell of a deal if you decide to do shirts for any reason (at cost). Thanks

cadunkle
10-06-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm interested but in the same situation as Blackntan, except he's a little closer. Would probably be a 13-14 hour drive for me. I've been wanting to get down to SC/GA and see the area. I've never been down that way but have a pretty good idea I want to relocate to SC, or possible GA. Finding work is hard down there from what I've tried so far, but it would be good to do a trip just to be sure I like the area. I don't see how I couldn't though... Anything is better than NJ.

So I could be in depending on timing. I'd probably do the weekend at the meetup and try to do a week on Hartwell before or after. No problem bringing the Saltare. Could be anywhere from just me to me and 3 others, depending on timing and how other folks are with work and such.

Loadup
10-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a road trip is in my ladys future.

Cadunkle, you gona try to see Tugg if you come down ?

michael hunter
10-14-2011, 09:31 PM
I posted this just to get a feel for the interest of the Supra/Moomba owners it definitely looks doable.I will check into details and let you know when we get things together.

cadunkle
10-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Cadunkle, you gona try to see Tugg if you come down ?

Didn't realize he was down in that area, but yeah I don't see why not. I know a few of those guys are down south. I'm actually trying to find out more about a rental and water levels and such down there and might do a long weekend in early Nov if everything works out. Worried about a lack of water though.

michael hunter
10-15-2011, 11:15 PM
You dont need to worry about Lanier. I talked to a local that said he was still able to launch even when the water was 20' down . Its 10' below full pool now . I am going out tomorrow .

cadunkle
10-16-2011, 06:50 PM
I was looking at Hartwell. Waiting to hear back about two different rentals I asked about. I hear it's about 8' low but I don't know if that's enough to cause problems at the ramps or with most people's docks. I know most people have floating docks there that they'll move out deeper as the level drops. Hopefully it works out. I'm going to try to ride through November and maybe into December here in NJ... Gonna be freakin' cold. Was out today and my one buddy didn't ride and my other buddy only took one set. I was loving every minute though! lol It would be nice to get a warm weather trip in November though.

Either way, I'd still be interested in the spring meetup. No promises, but I think it would be a fun trip and might have a couple riders who would want to do the trip with me. Gotta represent the classic Supras. Oh, make a prize for farthest drive... Sounds like I might win. lol

FoiltechLaunch21V
10-16-2011, 10:47 PM
If you are heading south Belews Lake Stokesdale,NC has a water temp of 78 today. It's a Duke Power Plant lake so it stays from the low 60's-high 70's all winter we go every weekend through the winter.