PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Wrap - Sunsport Supra

suprasam
10-03-2011, 01:58 PM
I have an older Supra, the original stripes were taken off so this winter I will be doing a light sanding/buffing and waxing so it all looks good and clean. I was thinking about possibly doing a full wrap on the boat. Has anyone done this? There is not alot in the budget for this, and when I say "not alot" I mean that at this point there is NO budget. So pricing is going to be an issue, but atleast if I can get some pricing I will know what to hide for the upcoming spring so I can do it. Thanks for any help!

KG's Supra24
10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I think you are looking between 2 and 3 thousand for a wrap installed.

I have seen a couple older Supras with it done and it looks good.

FoiltechLaunch21V
10-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I have seen a few boats with wraps they look great!!!

The problem with what I have seen is; they WILL wrinkle and very easily get holes in them from various things that get hit in the water. I know of a 2010 22V that has a Z Decals wrap I saw it when the wrap was maybe 5months old and had already wrinkled at the back corners and small rips down both sides. He said he would never wrap another NEW boat.

suprasam
10-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I looked on the "zdecals" site.....they look great. I have seen some boats on my lake wrapped, and they looked good...of course if you beat your boat up, and you take on a ton of dock rash, they are gonna rip. They offer warranties, with their installers so you really can't go wrong there. Also they have it to where you can see you cost, I used one of the stock designs and with installation it was around 1600.00.....and I thought that is a hell of a deal. I am going to look more into it and get final pricing. If that is all it going to cost, I will have it done before next season without a doubt! Thanks for the help!

jdub667
10-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Well here is a couple of photos of mine the Supra and my bros a MB sport. I've had mine wrapped for this whole summer and it looks like it was put on yesterday. It's all how you take care of your boat if you beat on it then of course it will look beat on. I wipe mine down after every use just like before, Now i will say the road has done a little damage from rocks being thrown so I would recommend mud flaps. I did have Zdecals do mine with the swim platform they flew out and did the install at my house for 3500.00 yes alot of money but I think worth it.