PDA

View Full Version : firstimer

dieselsas
05-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Im completely new to this. what would be a good beginner boat? Any opinion would be great. Thanks:p

DKJBama92Mariah
05-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Hello, and welcome to the board!

Your question is kinda vague my friend. Im sure many people here would be happy to give you some input/recommendations. However, for us to give you a meaningful opinion, we need a little more input on your part. I'll pose a list of questions for you to answer and i'm sure you'll get some good input.

1. What is your budget (i.e., how much do want to spend on the initial purchase of the boat)?

2. What will you primarily be using it for? Skiing, wakeboarding, cruising, partying... A rough percentage breakdown betwen these would help also.

3. What size of lake will you be boating on and what are the water conditions there?

4. How comfortable are you working on mechanical things? I ask this because if you buy a used boat with no warranty, the labor charges can pile up even on simple things. If you can do them yourself, you stand to save a considerable amount of $$$.

Give us some input and we'll try and guide you in the right direction.

Cheers,
DKJ

dieselsas
05-30-2005, 12:55 PM
well my budget is looking somewere round 25000.
i will probably be using the boat for wakeboarding bout 70% and crusing bout 30% of the time.
as far as water conditions there will some choppy conditions mainly on busy weekends but other than that nothing rough. i am a mechanic for a living so i would say that i could almost any thing that could go wrong with it.

i appreciate your reply to my need for knowledge. Thanks agian

NateSSV
06-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Welcome to the world of boating. Not to say that I am a boat expert, but I would definately suggest starting out with the Moomba line of boats. You can get set up with a really nice boat with a great wakeboarding set-up for the price that you are looking to pay.

Supra and Moomba are owned by the same company, and the boats are virtually the same. They are both very high quality for a lot less money than the other brand names of boats that are classified as "wakeboarding boats."

One of the great things about getting into a high end boat for a lot less money is that you don't feel the major crunch of depreciation that you will feel if you were to get into a boat for $50-60,000. To be honest, boats depreciate very badly! I woned two different Mooba boats before moving into the Supra SSV, and they were both very nice. I had them fully tricked out from our line of Get High Sports fat sacks, and Fluid Concepts speakers. I still see my old boats at the lake, and they are still looking sweet and throwing massive wakes that Moomba and Supra boats are known for.

After you get your boat, come to my on-line store at www.thewakestore.com and we will get you outfitted for wakeboarding and for some serious cruising.

Good luck shopping!

Nate
TheWakeStore.com
www.thewakestore.com