PDA

View Full Version : New Prop Advise

suprasam
10-13-2011, 11:01 AM
I am thinking about getting a new prop over the winter. I have a 85 Sunsport (21ft) with 351, I have no idea what size prop came with my boat. I believe my max RPM's should be 4400 at this point I have about/maybe 1/4 more throttle left to use if wanted needed. The hole shot is good, but I want one for maybe top speed also. Can anyone give me some advise on what size I should move to? Also these props are freakin expensive as hell compared to the ones I am used to buying for my other boats (i/o and outboards). Will I need a special prop wrench? Yes I am still new to the inboard boats. Learning as I go..........

lively
10-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Suprasam- Are you sure its 21' ? i have a 86 sunsport and its 21 with swim platform and 19 bow to transom / I have 3 props that came with my boat , they run about 450 to 500 and my pitch it 13x13L 3 blade ..... and all you need to remove it is a steering wheel puller or any pulley puller .. Before i bought my set i use to rent from auto zone ... I have a extra prop if your looking for 13x13 its still in the box and ill let it go for 375.00 ..pm me if your interested

chrisk
10-13-2011, 12:21 PM
check ski-it-again.com for props also. Most guys on here run between 13x13's and 13x11's on their Sunsports. 13x13 will give you more top end and better dual sport performance if you're in to slaloming and fast tubing. 13x11 will give you more pushing power if you're loaded down with ballast. There are also 11.5, 12, and 12.5 in the middle there.

Also, does anyone know if we get a discount on wakeprops.com? I know we do on wakemakers.com with the access code SUPRAOWNERS, and they're the same company so I just figured we did...

suprasam
10-13-2011, 12:52 PM
LIVELY.....noyou are right, its a 19ft, i just meant from platform to bow sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the offer, let me get the go ahead from my wife, and I will PM you. Thanks