PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Wiring on 351 PCM

mid90ssupra
10-16-2011, 09:05 PM
My older neighbor has a mid 90's Supra Combrio with the 351 PCM motor in it. Last weekend he had to get towed in because his battery died. I told him that the alternator is probably bad and to pull it out to have it tested. Well, today he asked me to put it back in because he wasnt sure of where the wires go. From what I can tell there are 4 wires. A red, A black, a yellow (with a plug that goes into a green wire), and an orange wire that looks like it goes back to the "reset". Since he cannot remember where the wires go, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out, so i can help him out and get the boat out of the water before its too late.
Thanks to all for your help!

OUI
10-20-2011, 01:16 PM
If the battery is charged he can drive the boat to the ramp and load it on the trailer. In fact he could probably drive all day long. You don't need an alternator to run the boat. My 89 with a 454 is a little different than what you're describing it has three wires black, orange, and green, but I'll see what I can find. I can tell you the green is the ground.