PDA

View Full Version : Widening garage door - anyone got a couple dimensions on a 21v?

OnlyButter
10-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Can anyone tell me the exact width of a 2011 Supra Launch 21v on a stock tandem axle trailer? Also, what is the exact height when on trailer (from ground up to highest point on the progressive tower in the folded position).

I'm about to embark on a project to widen my garage (hopefully from 8' to 9' should do it), and I need to confirm that I don't need to modify the height as well.

h2oboy22
10-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Width at trailer guide post is 103 inches. Mine clears a standard garage door with about an inch on each side.

Height of tower is just under 7 feet ( without Z5). I think the Z5 is designed to fold down to the same height but I am not sure because my garage height is 8 feet so I have plenty of clearance even with Z5. This measurement is with trailer near standard tow height.

Hope that helps. I understand wanting to make sure the boat fits in the garage... That is a must in my opinion!

OnlyButter
10-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Hmm. The seller is telling me it's 7'-3" from ground to highest point (hinge point of tower). This sucks if tue since it means I can't get a standard 8' wide x 7' tall garage door to work. Anyone with a 21v with the progressive tower confirm or deny this?

h2oboy22
10-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I think a standard garage is 9 feet wide. The boat definitely won't fit in an 8 foot wide opening because it is around 103 inches wide. My 21v is just under 7 feet to the front part of the tower (where it screws go into the upper arms). I think this is the highest point. It sounds like you may need to try it out before you buy it if that is a deal breaker.

geaux_fish
10-19-2011, 10:21 PM
i have an 06 21v. i can barely make the width but NOT the height with tower collapsed. Luckily my father-in-law has a barn!

sybrmike
10-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I can't comment on your specific boat, but a 9' garage should accommodate the width of any trailer since that's the legal road width limit. However be careful how the door is trimmed out, since you'll need several inches of clearance for maneuvering room when backing in. Same thing with the height. If it's real close, drop hitches, or even letting air out of the tires might do it. Mine's tight at the top and will only fit with the center windshield closed and a drop hitch.