PDA

View Full Version : Guy's with wet sounds

JONBLARC7
10-21-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm try to figure out what I'm going to do with my tower speakers next year. For those of you with wet sounds, will the over the top bimini work with the clamps on the very back bar on my 24V. Or do I have to keep the speaker on the same bar the Rosswell speaker are on since I'm not going to buy another bimini.

tg0824SSVGG
10-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I haven't added my wetsounds yet - but to clarify - what kind of Bimini do you have, is it the Z5 cargo rack, or a "regular" bimini?

jonyb
10-21-2011, 10:22 PM
If it's a Z5, you can mount the speakers anywhere. I had the 3-Some on the inside bar, and after that was gone, I installed 6 Rev8's on the outside bar. Not sure about a bimini. Post a picture.

JONBLARC7
10-22-2011, 11:16 AM

Here is the only one I can find see how it zips over the very back bar. I don't know if the clamps would work with this bimini on the back bar.

jonyb
10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Put them on the bar that you're using now for the speakers. The clamps are only about 3/4" to 1" thick up top.

JONBLARC7
10-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Thats what I was thinking I really like this bimini because I don't have to duck when its up. I think the back bar would look better but I'll just have to deal with them staying were they are.

JONBLARC7
10-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Jonyb

When you used to have your 3-some up one your tower did the 485 in the center ever get in your way. I'm only 6' tall but I'm worried about the 485 hanging to low and me hitting my head on it ever time I get up.

jonyb
10-27-2011, 04:38 PM
The 3-Some hung pretty low. I'm close to 6', and they were almost eye level. Look into the Rev Series, the 8's don't hang down nearly as bad. I noticed a huge difference in that in my boat. On the bright side, it only takes hitting your head a couple times before you remember to duck out of the way. Don't know what you're in the market for, but if it's Wet Sounds, definitely look at the Rev Series, the difference in sound quality from the Rev to the old Pro's is huge....

Rev8's:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Supra/IMG_20110613_170636.jpg

3-Some:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Supra/DSC_7177.jpg

JONBLARC7
10-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Good to know that exactly what I didn't want to happen. I'm the one that talked to you a few months ago about buy some of your speakers but I was trying to sell a dirt bike to cover the cost and couldn't ever get ride of it. In the spring if you still got some stuff to sell I'll send you a PM.

wotan2525
10-28-2011, 10:10 AM
I've never seen a picture of the Revs from an angle that illustrates the hanging like that one. Everyone writes/talks about how "low-profile" they are. In that picture (although certainly lower-profile than the Pros) they still hang down a good 2-3" from the cross bar. It seems like with a better designed mounting bracket you could easily get these a few mm away. Very surprised at how low these still hang.... lots of room for improvement.

jonyb
10-29-2011, 03:23 AM
If the clamps or cans were any thinner, I wouldn't trust them above my head going across the lake. They're not as thick as you think they are.

wotan2525
10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
If the clamps or cans were any thinner, I wouldn't trust them above my head going across the lake. They're not as thick as you think they are.

You could design them with a cut-away or pocket in the top of the can that would mate/nest with the appropriate hanger. It wouldn't have to make the clamp thinner (in fact, it could make it more robust if needed.) Using this method you could actually get the top of the speaker flush (or nearly flush) with the top of the crossbar and not have to sacrifice various mounting options/applications.

JONBLARC7
10-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I think the problem with that is the inside of the can is designed with a certin shape for the best sound. If you started messing with the inside it probably wouldn't sound near as good.