PDA

View Full Version : Swim Grid Rubber

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
10-22-2011, 12:45 PM
I have a soft black rubber on my swim grid that drives me crazy,everytime you get out of the water you track black rubber marks
on your feet.My friend has a 04 Launch and it does the same thing with a harder thinner rubber. He replaced his last year and new one
from factory is no better.I looked at new 2011 and it has a light grey rubber on it, so I may order that one, also found a company called
Sea Deck that makes rubber mats in all colors for most inboard swimgrids. Anyone used Sea Deck as a replacement and are you having trouble
with black rubber marks on vinyl interior??

Sluggo
10-22-2011, 02:28 PM
I was going to post a couple example threads, but I can't seem to find them. I know I replied to one or two of them and even posted a pic of my SeaDek and how it is holding up. Anyway, here is a pick of mine and it has been on for two full seasons, but I only get out 10-15 times a year. Two of those are week long trips though. Anyway as you can see it is not holding up nearly as well as the original black mats but it sure was worth the money. So much more comfortable and cleaner. I got mine via Jim @ Viper Customs, but I have not heard much about how he is doing after the tornado rip up his shop. Anyone know if things are back to normal yet? Otherwise I think there are group buys going on every now and then. Keep an eye out on the Moomba side as well. I think Jim saved me about $50, but I had to remind him a couple times to ship it.

Blackntan90
10-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Sluggo, very cool! I too got tired of the black stuff tracking in the boat, so I ripped of the old pads, and found a liquid type of grip, I think I got it at West Marine. I think it is similar to Line-x or other truck bed liner because it is not soft, but it works great, and I like the way it looks. I will take a pic of it today, when I am winterizing....booo

foxriverat
10-24-2011, 02:09 AM
When I got my 96 comp 2 years ago. My rubber pads on the platform were also tracking the black into the boat. I wiped the rubber down with armoral. The rubber did not get slippery. It just absorbed the armoral. My new cover covers the platform. Old one did`nt. I think if you keep the rubber conditioned and out of the sun as much as possible. You might be able to get rid of the tracking. Worked for me anyway. No more marks in the boat.

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks for your reply, glad you are happy with new rubber from SeaDek, online price is 240.00 I will check with my Supra supplier and see if I can
get new rubber off of 2011 Supra for cheaper

Sluggo
10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
I just got a quote from my dealer a few weeks ago for what they are using on the boat now. $280. Does not make sense to go through Skiers Choice and pay for two middle men when you can go direct to the source. I think if you are ok with no graphics and a single color or layer, that it might be alot cheaper. But that would be direct from SeaDek and probably have to cut it yourself. The nice shaped or routed borders really make it look nice.

jet
11-04-2011, 12:03 PM
A cheap trick is you can softly wet sand it with lots of water it to get rid of the oxidation, thats what your tracking in the boat. But I am interested in changing mine to something more colorful. Lets see some options out there. Jet

FoiltechLaunch21V
11-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Traxx pad has been used on some of the boats I've been on. I don't know how long it will last though.

http://www.airjunky.com/traxxed/