PDA

View Full Version : Gel Coat Cracks

Jeannie
10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I have a 2007 Supra 24SSV Launch. It is getting gel coat cracks about everywhere there is a screw in the top half. Where the tower is mounted, the windshield etc. There is also one on the lower hull above the wheelwell on the trailer. Is this common? or do I have a real problem? I live hundreds of miles from a dealer. Live in western Kansas.

wotan2525
10-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I have a 2007 Supra 24SSV Launch. It is getting gel coat cracks about everywhere there is a screw in the top half. Where the tower is mounted, the windshield etc. There is also one on the lower hull above the wheelwell on the trailer. Is this common? or do I have a real problem? I live hundreds of miles from a dealer. Live in western Kansas.

I know the dealer here had the same problem with his demo boat. Supra took it back in under warranty and fixed the entire thing. I'd call the dealer you purchased it from and ask for advice. If that doesn't work I'd call Skiers Choice. This shouldn't happen and if I spent $60k+ on a boat I'd be starting to boil.....

Jeannie
10-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I have talked to a dealer in Colorado, and the warrenty is only 12 months I think, and only for the original owner. I also just found out that there are cracks around the D-ring in the front where the boat hooks to the trailer, and it there are some cracks along one side below the upper deck where looks like someone maybe hit it with a jet ski or something... now I am worrying about the structure as well.

lively
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
got insurance ? it might be worth it to claim depending on the damage ... but also something small as stress cracks can be ground down and repaired .. take some pics and call around for some quotes