PDA

View Full Version : Conbrio Opinions?

quadzillabill
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi, I\'m looking at a nicely kept early 90\'s Conbrio but I\'m new to the ski boat world.

Anything stand out as being particularly good or bad about this run of boats? Known trouble spots or issues? I\'ve got some experience aboard the newer Mastercrafts and Supras and they are fantastic rides - how much has the \'ski boat\' changed in 10-15 years?

Any way to put a tower on these older models?

Thanks in advance for your help, Q.

Salty87
06-07-2005, 01:14 PM
there have been some big changes in the last 10-15 years.....electronic ignition, fuel injection, electronic engine controls such as ECM's are all basically new to these boats since 1990 or so. builders started moving away from wood in the early 90's too.

yes you can add a tower to earlier models, i added one to my 87. things to watch out for in earlier boats are mainly wood rot.

also, there are wakeboard specific boats being built today.....v drives and bigger boats nowadays compared to boats that were made for small slalom skiing wakes before. most of those boats can kick up great wakes at wakeboarding speeds but some of them sit low in the water and don't make as good of wakeboarding platforms as some others do.

going from memory, i think the conbrio sits fairly low in the water. that limits the amount of wieght you can put in it. a lower sitting boat also puts you at greater risk of taking rollers over the bow or stern from today's bigger, ballast carrying boats.

there isn't too much in common between the older supras and the newer ones, except they both kick butt.