PDA

View Full Version : Manifold replacement

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Boat is now 10 years old and has been used in saltwater since new,thinking about stainless steel manifolds from a place called Hitek Marine out of Australia, the manifolds they make look really nice and have a 5 year warranty but they are not cheap $2300.00 Canadain. Any one heard anything about these manifolds?? Also where do you get factory replacement Indmar manilfolds from? all I can find online are Barr or Osco manifolds. I think the factory PCM or Indmar Manifolds are alot better quality than after market replacements. I got 15 years out of a PCM pair that were used in the ocean for half that time. So 2300 for stainless is a hard pill to swallow, Google Hitek Marine and have a look they look awesome**

lively
11-01-2011, 09:05 AM
if you got the money to spend on some manifold like that , then by all means do it ... but if u feel like spending 350.00 here is where they are http://www.marineexhaustmanifolds.com/pcm-pleasurecraft-marine-engines-and-parts.htm just call them up and tell them what you got ... hope this helps

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
11-01-2011, 01:54 PM
No I really do not want to spend that much, I did check Ski Nautique forum pages and it looks like 6 or 7 members got a group discount
on these manifolds thru the boatdoctor and they paid around 1300 dollars a set,which is a good price*I knew about website for marineexhuast.com
but I want factorty Indmar or PCM manifolds. The Indmar ones they show are Osco replacements, The PCM ones look like factory OEM PCM manifolds
I sent them a email asking them to confirm this. PCM and Indmar manifolds look exactly the same shape and design.

lively
11-01-2011, 02:08 PM
good luck on getting factory stuff .. i ve looked all over for mine .. if u find factory ones let me know ...

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
11-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Just heard back from Marineexhaustmanifolds.com and they have confirmed that all their parts for Indmar and PCM are OEM Parts from factory
I paid 750 for a PCM manifold and riser 20 years ago up here in Canada. So $380 per side complete from these guys is a great deal. Like I said
after 10 years in the ocean why not replace them before one fails and lets water into your engine**

lively
11-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Sweet !! yeah im buying my manifolds this winter .. just working on stringers right now :( lol

Engine Nut
11-06-2011, 09:42 AM
If you are looking for Indmar OEM manifolds and risers, look on inboardonline.com The manifolds are P/N 531051 and the risers are 532027.

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
11-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I ordered new manifolds and risers from marineexhaustmanifolds.com for 219.00 for the manifold and 119.00 for the riser, this was 20.00 dollars off online price for manifold and 10.00 off online price for riser.I just checked your website they sell manilfold for 191.00 and riser for 91.00. That is a 28.00 per item saving. The manifold they advertise as a no name product but part # matches factory OEM Indmar manifold. Is this manifold made by Indmar?? The picture online does not have Indmar stamped onto side of manifold whereas the other vendor you can see Indmar name on casting on the online ordering page*Have you ordered these parts from inboardonline?? Is the manifold they sell a true Indmar OEM product???
I have emailed my vender back on my order and asked him to match these fantastic prices** even if he knocks another 50.00 off my order I will be happy

docdrs
11-27-2011, 01:25 PM
I just checked your website they sell manilfold for 191.00 and riser for 91.00. That is a 28.00 per item saving. The manifold they advertise as a no name product but part # matches factory OEM Indmar manifold. Is this manifold made by Indmar?? The picture online does not have Indmar stamped onto side of manifold whereas the other vendor you can see Indmar name on casting on the online ordering page*Have you ordered these parts from inboardonline?? Is the manifold they sell a true Indmar OEM product???
I have emailed my vender back on my order and asked him to match these fantastic prices** even if he knocks another 50.00 off my order I will be happy

Engine Nut aka Larry works at Indmar.

Engine Nut
11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Both companies are selling genuine Indmar manifolds and risers. Indmar no longer makes manifolds with their name cast into the manifold.