PDA

View Full Version : Winterize the heater on a 2007 Supra 24SSV with the 340 cat

rtpaxton2
11-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Hey guys!

I am winterizing my boat and wanted to see if anyone knows where the heater hoses are on this engine. I removed a hose that I thought was one of my heater hoses by the #6 spark plug, and put some air through it. To my surprise I got a considerable amount of water that came out of the block where the hose was originaly attached. Does anyone know if this hose is part of the heater system?

Can anyone describe where the heater hoses connect on this model of engine?

Thanks,

Rodger

tg0824SSVGG
11-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Roger,

This is on the passenger side of the engine, towards the front of the boat. I don't have a photo of just the hose, This picture is from when I installed
the hot water shower and tied into the heater water line. If you can
see the picture here -- it's the hose I have put the brass "T" into. Follow it up to the block, there is a hose clamp. Take that
off and blow air into the hose (with the block drains out). Blow until it's mostly air coming out. I then put RV anti freeze into that line, and
blow again. you never know where there are low spots that water just hangs out.

Check this link (https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?6142-Shower-Install-Aquatik-%28not-homemade%29), scroll to the 3rd picture (not sure why I couldn't copy the picture here ..)

docdrs
11-11-2011, 07:29 PM
heater is at 5 minute mark or so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1iync4Pz1g

rtpaxton2
11-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Ok, Thanks for the info. That is the hose I removed and put air through.

One last question. Where does the heater connect back into the block? I want to make a bypass hose. In Texas we dont really need a heater, and I have been getting a fair amount of water in the boat after use. I am suspicious that it may be the heater core leaking.

Thank you for your help!!!

rtpaxton2
11-16-2011, 12:21 AM
heater is at 5 minute mark or so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1iync4Pz1g

Hey Doc!

I have watched your videos and noted that you disconnected a blue hose to the dripless packing seal and vacuumed water out of it. What size fitting did you use to connect the hose to the vacuum?

Rodg

docdrs
11-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey Doc!

I have watched your videos and noted that you disconnected a blue hose to the dripless packing seal and vacuumed water out of it. What size fitting did you use to connect the hose to the vacuum?

Rodg

That is the hose that comes from the exhaust manifold quick disconnect and supplies the dripless for cooling. It was poor design and the water too hot for the dripless housing cooling so I just put a ball valve on the line to be able to close the line off. I rerouted the dripless cooling line to a cooler supply.

docdrs
11-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Ok, Thanks for the info. That is the hose I removed and put air through.

One last question. Where does the heater connect back into the block? I want to make a bypass hose. In Texas we dont really need a heater, and I have been getting a fair amount of water in the boat after use. I am suspicious that it may be the heater core leaking.

Thank you for your help!!!

One line goes to the circulation pump, and the other comes off the port side of the block below the exhaust manifold around the area above and between the 1st and 2nd spark plug roughly

rtpaxton2
12-11-2011, 02:25 PM
One line goes to the circulation pump, and the other comes off the port side of the block below the exhaust manifold around the area above and between the 1st and 2nd spark plug roughly

Sorry for the delayed response, I have not been on here in a while. I found the port side block connection, but which hose in the circulation pump goes to the heater? Maybe a picture if you get a chance.... obviously no hurry right now :D

docdrs
12-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Sorry for the delayed response, I have not been on here in a while. I found the port side block connection, but which hose in the circulation pump goes to the heater? Maybe a picture if you get a chance.... obviously no hurry right now :D

Trace the one hose you found till it pairs with another, then follow that one back to the circ pump