PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard rack brand

msutoad
06-05-2005, 10:26 PM
What brand of racks are people using on 03' and 04' Launch SSV's? I had the stock ones on my 04' SSV, and they got replaced with some "I" series Fusion racks. However, the clamps that came with the Fusions must not have been correct, because they broke on one side, and my boards fell off on the road and were stolen. Yes I said stolen. By the time I could turn around and go back ( 1 mile max ), someone had picked them up from in the road and took them. The boards did not even splinter on the road, so someone got 2 05' LF boards with Alphas.

So, I am wondering what racks do you guys have that clamp well onto the oval crossbeam, or is anyone just clamping to the circular tower tubing?

Anyinfo is appreciated.

;)

Brian Raymond
06-06-2005, 09:39 AM
I hate to hear that, it's one thing for the boards to come loose, but to get stolen, that makes for a really bad day. Mako premium racks were used that year, they can be contacted at; 760-489-4404. Brian Raymond

Diggs
06-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Hate to hear it also, but that is also one reason to never tow with your boards on your rack.... to much stress on the racks, bugs on the bindings, and the danger of that board coming off while driving and hurting someon or causing an accident.
Mako is probably the way to go or skylon makes some that will actually drill throgh your cross beams and then bold on....
Good luck...

Brian Raymond
06-06-2005, 10:49 PM
P.S., some removable Loktite added to the threads before install is comforting insurance. When trailering and riding all day, there is some pounding goin' on. Brian Raymond

Salty87
06-07-2005, 12:51 PM
those boards must have some nice dents in them now, no way they didn't get some damage. perhaps someone had to duck from getting hit so they decided to take their souvenirs home.

i don't even tow with my speakers up, too much stress on the mounts and tower. the movement a tower sees on a trailer is much worse than on the water.

msutoad
06-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Actually, I am certain the boards did not come close to harming anyone ( thank goodness ). The road was empty with oncoming traffic, and there were just 2 boats behind me :(. The first guy is the one that said my gear was in the road. The second is the one that took my gear.

There might be dents in the gear, but not splintering, as I went back to the road location the next morning to see if I could find any pieces. No such luck.

I normally don't trailer with my racks filled and I won't in the future.

I will see about contact Mako for the racks. Any idea on price? What about pictures of the racks?

Thanks for all the info guys.

Jason

NAW
06-09-2005, 01:00 PM
msutoad,
Sorry to hear about losing your boards, bro.

Give me a shout at [email protected] and I'll hook you up with all the pictures and pricing you need.

You can also view the whole line up at http://www.boardstop.com

Thanks

msutoad
06-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Neil-

Thanks alot for the contact info. I am headed out of town, but will be in touch as soon as I return.

Cheers