PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Supra Sunsport - Restoration progress

ckracing
11-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Made sure it floated and started - then the restoration begins.
Received some photos today on the project. It's on!

csuggs
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
GREAT! I'm happy to see that Donny has started on it! Keep us posted and updated with the pics. I'm still planning to stop by the antique boat restoration place you mentioned in Cincinnati. I actually have a meeting in Batavia tomorrow and thought about running by. Isn't that where you're going to have your interior done?
Clint

ckracing
11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes - Donny had an opening so the boat went south quick. Antique Boat Center is the project manager and will be handling functional / interior / teak / bright work / etc. Donny is going to do the right things while the boat is split in half (rudder / straight exhaust with flappers / transom blocks / swim platform quick release / fuel system upgrade).

Batavia is 30 minutes from my office - Antique Boat Center is 10 minutes closer to Cincinnati. If you're going - send me a message. My afternoon has gaps.

-Chris

csuggs
11-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Ok, well I'll have to see what time I get out of my meeting. I can let you know on here as I will have my iPad with me and there is wifi in the meeting room. If it doesn't work out tomorrow, then I definitely want to meet you there after your boat gets back. I also want to check out Terry's Turf Club sometime - I'll buy your burger and we can talk shop!
Also, check your pm notifications.

ckracing
12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
More progress - heading south tomorrow to visit in person.
Antique Boat Center and their sub-contractors (Donny Bennett) are moving fast!

csuggs
12-07-2011, 10:52 PM
More progress - heading south tomorrow to visit in person.
Antique Boat Center and their sub-contractors (Donny Bennett) are moving fast!

Chris - when will you be back from Greenback? I was hoping we could meet at Antique Boat Center on Tuesday afternoon the 13th. I have a meeting Tuesday morning in Dayton and then a meeting Wednesday at noon in Batavia. That gives me time to spair Tuesday afternoon/evening and Wednesday morning. Give me a call.
Clint

ckracing
06-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Put it in the water today for the first time. All mechanical and safety done. Now on to the cosmetics.
Ran good. Steering feels heavy (maybe that's typical). Good holeshot and handles on rails. That reverse go to the right thing is a bit tricky at first. Straight exhaust sounds just right. Very happy thus far.
Will keep this project moving from home shop now. Decided to restore it to original. No tower, no ballast, just classic. Teak and various cosmetic odds and ends next! Sorry about the video quality - just a quick snot with the iPhone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_b4_dBnEb8&feature=youtube_gdata_player