PDA

View Full Version : I need complete wiring diagram for 87 comp w/PCM351

SupraComp
06-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Just like the subject says. I need the complete wiring digram with gauge wiring and everything. I think I am goin g to rewire the whole boat cause alot of the wires are rusted or coming apart. Thanks

Kyle

SupraComp
06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the Diagram Brian!!!

DKJBama92Mariah
06-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey Brian,

I could really use one for a '92 Mariah with the PCM 351 HO with ProTec if you have it in donwloadable format

Thanks
DKJ

fixb52s
06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Brian,

Me too, me too!
Can I also get one for a 84 Rider?

Thanks!

ktaag
06-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Brian or Supracomp... I am also in need of a wiring diagram. Where do I get on for a 86 ts6m w/ 351 ford ? Thanks Ktaag

SupraComp
06-09-2005, 08:04 AM
ktaag email me at [email protected] I will forward it to you they are the same for 86 & 87 I think

07-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Brian or Kyle
I could also use the wiring diagram, I have a 87 supra comp TS6M w/the 351w which is about to under go some major work (stringers, floors, engine work ect...) and am not sure what kind of fun I'll run into concerning the wiring. Just picked her up last year and am hoping to be in next summer.
Thanks
Bill

87comp
07-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Brian or Kyle,
I also need the wiring diagram, I have an 87 Comp TS6M with the 351w. I am about to begin quite a bit of work on it, looks like it needs new stringers and floors, I'm hoping the stringers aren't too terrible. it's also going to need alot of engine work and I don't know what kind of wiring trouble I'll run into. I picked her up last year, she had been a police boat for a few years down in FL and she looks like she's taken a beating.
Thanks
Bill
dslman at snet.net

wakeboardlife
07-25-2005, 02:59 PM
could someone email me the wiring diagram discussed on this topic as well??? My email address is [email protected],

i've tried PM'ing some of you guys to no avail, so if someone could respond it would be GREATLY appreciated

87comp
08-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Still looking for them myself, if anyone has them it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Bill ([email protected])

shredder
08-05-2005, 09:43 AM
If someone could email me a diagram for the 87 comp (mine is a 88) that has been sent around that would be great.

Thanks!!

88 Supra Comp
08-08-2005, 05:03 PM
How about a diagram for an 88 Supra Comp TS6M with Ford 351?

87comp
11-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Anybody got them???

gettinbetter
09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm haveing cut out problems with my 1993 sunsetter. It has the carburated 351 pro boss HO engine with the Protec ignition.
Any source of manuals or diagrams would be greatly apreciated. I have been looking all over but nothing seems to match my engine.

DKJBama92Mariah
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm haveing cut out problems with my 1993 sunsetter. It has the carburated 351 pro boss HO engine with the Protec ignition.
Any source of manuals or diagrams would be greatly apreciated. I have been looking all over but nothing seems to match my engine.

You need to talk to Vince at Discount Inboard Marine (803) 345-0996. Your problem could be the protec, or it could something else. Get him to tell you the test procedures for the Protec system. If it turns out that that isn't the problem, then post back with more info.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

DKJ

P.S. Instead of reviving an old thread, you'll probably get better results by starting a new one about your specific problem. Try and include some details about this cutout problem.

gettinbetter
10-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I have Vince on my list to call. I did send him a email and he replied and suggested that I call.

I have the same problem I hear elsewhere. It runs a bit and then cuts out.
Sometimes it will miss for a few seconds and then take off again. Sometimes you have to chop the throttle then when you speed back up it will be okay for a while. Worse case turning it off and back on clears it up for a bit. Never get more then 5-10 minutes of good run time. It does seem to be ignition related.

History

Just bought the boat. Knew it had a problem at purchase, although it was stated as running for weeks then acting up. Previous owner said he talked to vince and had replaced most of the sensors.
Several things he told me have not panned out so I'm not sure about jumping straight to ripping out the protec or to start troubleshooting from scratch.

I didnt know about vince having a troubleshooting procedure for the protec and he didnt say anything about it in the email when I asked for the installation procedure.

Its past boating season here so I'm in the layed back learn everything I can about it before I do anything mode.

gettinbetter
02-06-2009, 01:10 PM
If anyone is still monitoring this thread, I did call Vince and what a source of information. I know enough now to realize I need to trouble shoot this problem from scratch. Most of my symptoms do not fit the protec quiting. If the protec trips you have to restart the engine to reset it and most of my problems can be cleared up by continuing on or slowing down and speeding back up. Looks like i'm waiting till spring to get it in the water.

mapleleaf
02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
wow, I need to chime as well Brian, or anyone at SC, I have a '90 conbrio, and could really use a wiring diagram....
[email protected]
thanks!!!!!

Brian Raymond
02-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I will be more than happy to assist any way I can. Please feel free to email me; [email protected]. I have many diagrams (some hand drawn so be easy on me), that I can email and fax. Please provide your full name, fax # and a day time phone #, daytime email address. Looking forward to hearing from you. Brian Raymond

rickr
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Brian is "The Man"
THANKS!

gettinbetter
08-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Don't know if anyone is left on this post or not. I posted a good bit back about my supra problems. After several detours I finally ordered the protec conversion kit and installed it. After 8 straight days at Dale Hollow it didnt miss a beat. I am happy.
I also installed a depth gage while I had it apart. when I started to remove the dash all heck broke loose. Wires came loose everywhere. It is a jungle in there. I did get it back together but would like to straighten it up. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the dash area for this boat or one close.
Supra wake setter 1993. also looking for a source for the style of switches on this boat.

jasonba1
08-03-2009, 08:04 PM
not sure if it is the same but Jim Jackson at viper has all my wiringdigram and manual for my 92 comp at his shop give him a call 865-388-4096 he should have the switches also

gettinbetter
08-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the information

bryan632
08-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Not sure if anyone is still searching for the wiring diagrams but I just received the owner's manual for my boat and for the engine. the boat is an 88 sunsport and the engine is a pcm 351. The boat manual is titled, "19' series" and has all the wiring diagrams. I'm pretty sure they're the same as the comp. if you need them, I can get the scanner up and running and maybe help you out.

Bryan

csuggs
08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
I also have the 19' series for the 86 Sunsport and Marauder already scanned in pdf format, including the wiring diagram. If you would like a copy, send me a private message with your email and I will attach the file with a reply.
Clint

gettinbetter
08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys
I did send you both emails.
Don't know why I keep typing that my boat is a wakesetter. It is a 1993 sunsport with a 351 HO motor.
It will be very helpfull to get wiring diagrams of that dash. Everytime I open it up wires pop off. Gotta fix that, drives me nuts.
https://forum.supraboats.com/picture.php?albumid=68&pictureid=407
Tried to include a picture of the dash. If they are the same I would hope the wiring would be the same.

jasonba1
08-19-2009, 12:12 PM
hey gettinitbetter i have that same exact dash and motor did you call jim at viper he can help you out he has all my manuals at his shop and if I remember correctly I think it has all of the wirirng digrams in it. If you cant get a hold of him let me know I have to go down there friday to pick up some parts and I will make copies of all of them and send them to you.

jasonba1
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM
cant remember though if the wiring digram is in that manual for the dash or not but if not jim re did my whole dash this year with newer gauges so he could probably answer your questions if there not if my manual

gettinbetter
08-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Pretty sure I have the right operators manual for my boat and it does not have dash wiring, only power wiring, everything to make the motor run.

Haven't called him yet but I did write down his number and plan to. I was waiting to see if the pdf's from you guys took care of my problem first.

Thanks

gettinbetter
08-20-2009, 12:50 PM
well I went ahead and called Jim at Viper. He is sending me a switch I needed but he doesn't have dash diagrams. He is sending me the wiring color chart. That should be helpful. Nice Guy.

jasonba1
08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
glad Jim helped you out hope that works

Eyeag
11-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Brian or Kyle,

I'm in need of a complete wiring diagram for an 86 Supra Comp ts6m with the 351w. Could you send it to [email protected] ?

Thanks,
Eric

chrisk
11-30-2011, 12:52 PM
The last post on this thread was over 2 years ago, might be a long shot.. You might try starting a new thread with a title like, "Looking for 86 Comp Wiring Diagram" or something

trey long
04-18-2017, 02:25 PM
i need complete wiring diagram for 87 comp pcm 351.

could you help me out.

trey long
south carolina

miller
06-03-2017, 05:19 PM
anyone have wiring diagram for 1995 supra sunsport with a 351w pro boss.