PDA

View Full Version : Looking for awesome boat owners to host Wake the World events

Wake the World
11-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Wake the World is a group of boat owners that get together for a day to share a day on the lake with kids from local children's homes. It is an amazing experience..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngqwUsOIHwY

chrisk
11-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Greg, Chris here, I brought the event up to my team and everyone is SO excited about it. I think we're looking to get one planned at the Lake of the Ozarks during June sometime. If anyone on here is interested in helping out please let me know!

86 century
11-17-2011, 04:44 AM
I would love to do somthing with you guys.
My time is wrather limited as far as orginizing anything but if you put somthing together within 200miles of me I would love to help out.
Pm me if you need contact info.

pap
11-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Have seen your video before. Would love to participate, but I'm in Ohio.

Wake the World
11-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Awesome to get back on the forum and see these responses.

ChrisK- I have always wanted to visit the Ozarks!

Pap - Currently it looks like we will have around 15 events in 12 states for 2012. We have someone working on the Chicago and St Louis area. We would like to see an event in Ohio. So talk it up and maybe something will happen.

86 Century- I guess that may give you a couple choices for this summer.

deerfield
11-19-2011, 11:12 PM
We have someone working on the Chicago .... area.

Wake the World - Who is taking lead on Chicago? My profile is on the Moomba forum. Once in a while I drop in to check out the Supra forum. - Deerfield

WadsworthSunsport22V
11-20-2011, 12:25 AM
I up for it. I am in Virginia - can help with a boat - activities - or ????

csuggs
11-20-2011, 07:42 AM
I am definitely interested. Isn't this something like what Kristi Overton does with the "In His Wakes" ministry?

Greg- I'm in West Virginia on the Ohio River and could help or consider organizing an Ohio or WV event. Although I would like to participate in a planned event prior to organizing a new one. We love kids. My wife and I pick up around 16 kids on Wednesday nights and take them to church. These children have not had experiences that we take for granted and this would be a great way to reach out and love on them to give them hope and lead some to Christ.

Wake the World
11-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Csuggs- This is similar to In His Wakes. I actually talked to Kristi about Wake the World before we ever started. The main difference is they have group that travels and puts on the clinics. All of our events are organized and hosted by a local person with local volunteers. We have a set of guidelines to follow so that we all have the same basic core values and structure. Even though we all follow the same basic guidelines, each event has its own personality. All of our events are sanctioned and insured by the WWA. I would love to see you do something in Ohio/WVa. It is really so much easier than you might think. At least that is the consensus from everyone that has organized one.

deerfield & wadsworth- send me an email & I will forward it to the people in of those areas.

deerfield
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
deerfield & wadsworth- send me an email & I will forward it to the people in of those areas.

Checked you profile page. No email address. Did you mean send you a Private Message?

Wake the World
11-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Sorry about that ... My email is : [email protected]

deerfield
11-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Email sent.

Diggs
11-21-2011, 11:03 AM
We plan on volunteering our day and boat for the Oregon WTW in July I believe.

astinwes
11-21-2011, 11:50 AM
I would love to head something like this up in Georgia. Anyone on the board located around middle Georgia? Lake sinclair or even Tobesofkee (which is a tiny lake). I know of several children's homes in the Macon area.

Obviously Atlanta would be a better venue, I'm just not familiar with homes, people, boats, etc up there. But Allatoona would be a great lake. If anyone is interested in starting an event in Georgia, get with me. I'd love to get something up for next summer.

jasonba1
11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
i would be more than glad to do this on fort loudon lake in tn, I know I can get the support of american boat center and our local knox wake club along with univ. of tennessee wakeboard team let me know how i can help

webbbrad
11-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Anything planned in western NY.

Wake the World
11-21-2011, 07:15 PM
astinwes- Send me your email and I will put you in contact (by email) with the others in Georgia that wanting to do something.

webbbrad- Believe it or not, you the first to ask about NY. We have interests in NJ, PA and CT.

Anyone that has an interest, if you send me your email I will put you the master list and get you connected with others in your area that are interested also.

[email protected]

mr.jrc
11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Throw me in for northeastern NY... i certainly would be willing to bring my boat a couple of hundred miles to help out too.

jimmyk102
11-22-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm in for something Western/Central N.Y. Would love to help out a great cause.

Wake the World
11-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the overwhelming positive response! So far our email contact list is up to 110!! I'm still waiting for about 30 or so more to respond. The reason I started this list is because I was getting great responses on this site as well as MC, Malibu, Tige, CC, Wakeworld and facebook, but no one could see all of them like I could. I need a way for ALL the Ohio people or ALL NY people to talk to each other.

Sometime in the next week or so, I am going to send out emails to each specific area of the country. For example: Currently I have 4 emails for NorCal. I will send out an email addressed to all 4 people interested with information on hosting an event. These 4 will have each other's info and will be able to decide to whether or not to make this happen.

And again, THANK YOU SO MUCH, for the positive and encouraging comments!

csuggs
11-30-2011, 09:47 AM
That's a great idea Greg - I look forward to seeing that!

Wake the World
12-07-2011, 09:33 PM
On Monday, Wake the World Illinois was confirmed and today Wake the World Virginia was confirmed!

Wake the World Illinois will be on Fox Lake in the Chain O Lakes area (just north of Chicago).

Wake the World Virginia will be at Lake Country Marina on Lake Anna (north of Richmond).

chrisk
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Excited to be a part of the Illinois event! Also, Wake the World Ozarks is nearing confirmation, a few things to tie up first.

csuggs
12-07-2011, 10:45 PM
How about dates Greg?

Wake the World
12-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Clint-
Did you get the email? On my end it says mail delivery failed. Email me at [email protected] to make sure I have the right address.

They say Illinois will be sometime the first week in August. No date for Virginia yet. The Ohio people are just starting to work on something.

csuggs
12-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Greg - I did get one email from you a week or so ago. I am interested in Ohio or other neighboring events. Although I would like to be an organizer, the dilemma here is that it's nearly impossible to plan an event here on the Ohio River because the conditions change so suddenly with the rains across the Ohio Valley. River levels, mud and debris can be a real issue. Planning an event to include out-of-towners could prove to be frugal - not giving up though. Keep me posted about the Ohio progress. Thanks, Clint
[email protected]

csuggs
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Wake the World West Virginia will be held on July 30th 2012 in Parkersburg, WV! Anyone interested in participating just let me know.
Clint

DAFF
12-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Interested in the Ohio event. Only 2-3drive for me.... What about the Sandusky area for Ohio??? Lots of inland areas there and conditions are more stable wrt water. Plus with Cedar Point nearby it could be a multi day event for the kids. Perhaps some other fellow Ontario boys could make it a convoy.