PDA

View Full Version : My 21V's New Home

FoiltechLaunch21V
11-22-2011, 09:03 PM

I was getting bored so I started a 40x 60 Boat Storage/Reloading Room. I really need a hobby.LOL

webbbrad
11-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Very nice.

KG's Supra24
11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Whoa, just got bored huh? Give me a call next time you get bored!

Looks great, I hope to have one someday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FoiltechLaunch21V
11-23-2011, 03:12 AM
Let me know. This building 40 x 60 (2400 sq/ft) is only costing around 23k in material. 5k concrete, 5k wood, 2k roof trusses, 6k metal (sides and roof), 5k windows,doors,electrical,and plumbing. You can figure it at $10/sqft. (materials)and be good. I would normally charge $5-$7 sq/ft to build them. 5-7 days (good weather) start to finish. This one I built long enough so I can house Truck (F350) and Boat (still hooked up) and still have room for my Reloading gear, Work out equipment, pool table/games and such. Along with 4 horse stalls at the back.

michael hunter
11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I built my first 42x64x14 in Indiana about ten years ago for the same reason . Nothing better than coming home after a full day and just pulling the whole rig in. When we moved to Georgia the number 1 thing on my wish list was the barn. We couldn't find a house with one so we bought a house as close to the water as possible and still be able to build a new barn. We built the new barn this summer its 40x60x14 . Its a little smaller because I moved the wood shop into the walkout basement in the house. We sold our house in IN. in July 2010 it sold in 4 days the number one reason it sold and others didnt was the barn.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/barn001.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/supranauti031.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Picture010-1.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/New%20barn/NewPoleBarn095.jpg

tg0824SSVGG
11-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Keith,

When I saw that photo yesterday, my first thought was how nice that would be for MY boat! Looking good sir.

Of course, double the cost around here - because you would have to HEAT the parts where the boat and the other toys
would be ...

Todd

FoiltechLaunch21V
11-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Todd it's been about 12 years since I've put in Radiant Floors,they were very expensive then I'm sure even more now. This would have been when I lived in Wyoming. Maybe I can come out this spring/summer and get you a building put together (when ever we are not skiing of course) haha.

Michael those are nice buildings!!!!.... And true with almost every house I build and add a nice detached building (shop/Garage) they sale a lot quicker than the ones without.

wotan2525
11-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Todd it's been about 12 years since I've put in Radiant Floors,they were very expensive then I'm sure even more now. This would have been when I lived in Wyoming. Maybe I can come out this spring/summer and get you a building put together (when ever we are not skiing of course) haha.

Michael those are nice buildings!!!!.... And true with almost every house I build and add a nice detached building (shop/Garage) they sale a lot quicker than the ones without.

I live in-town but I'd gladly give up my yard for one of those buildings. The thing a lot of people around here were doing a few years ago was buying a lot and then building the barn first. They'd put in a small mother-in-law apartment in the barn and then live there for a few years while they saved up for the house. Always made a lot of sense to me!

FoiltechLaunch21V
11-23-2011, 08:37 PM
I live in-town but I'd gladly give up my yard for one of those buildings. The thing a lot of people around here were doing a few years ago was buying a lot and then building the barn first. They'd put in a small mother-in-law apartment in the barn and then live there for a few years while they saved up for the house. Always made a lot of sense to me!

Yes It is a great idea!!! Especially on Lake Lots.

Blackntan90
11-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah, one day..I keep looking for the right place to park one of those! And, yes that will be a big plus on resale! on the subject, I was over at wakeworld and ran across this thread about garages/mancaves. I thought it had some good ideas for layouts, etc.Check it out if you get a chance. http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/36568-worlds-most-beautiful-garages- And if anybody see's Haugy, tell him His shop is nice too!(pis'c on wakeworld.com) And whats up with the nautiques banner? Mr. Hunter?

FoiltechLaunch21V
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
And whats up with the nautiques banner? Mr. Hunter?

I was thinking the same thing. LOL

tg0824SSVGG
11-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Not just the banner, look at the sticker in the back window of the smaller vehicle ...

Blackntan90
11-24-2011, 08:29 PM
At least the van is sweet! And there are not 1, but 2 of the nicest boats in the world sittin' in the back!

michael hunter
11-25-2011, 09:27 AM
I have two children and I love them both the same. The brother in law is buying a pontoon and as soon as I get over the barn cost I will be in the market for a DD comp boat. That should complete the fleet.

Jetlink
11-26-2011, 01:19 AM
I have two children and I love them both the same. The brother in law is buying a pontoon and as soon as I get over the barn cost I will be in the market for a DD comp boat. That should complete the fleet.

Geez!!! And here I get ridiculed by my fiance for having too many toys...hahaha, thanks Mike, now I can show her that statement is not entirely correct.

arissa
11-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Great great great great job!!!