PDA

View Full Version : another whats its worth thread....88 supra

wakeup
11-26-2011, 09:41 PM
sorry guys but need help on howmuch i should sale my baby for....work is slack and gotta sale...hopefully ill be back in another supra by summer.so we have a 1988 supra bruvara this boat has only seen rain maybe twice in its life.has always been garage kept.there has been some modifications made.i got rid of all the teak except for swim platform.the rear cover in which was a ski locker has been inlarged for ballast.rear ballst is two plastic 55 gallon drums "tight fit"..front ballast is 45 gallon square plastic tank .i have not yet ran plumbing for pumps but have purchased scoop for the install and two pumps..need 4 more pumps but cash got tight.so i just fill when i get to lake .this set up puts out a beautiful wake,my boy has 08 launch and i swear my wake is almost identical to his,sitting still the swim platform is about 6 inches under water,this boat puts out enuf wake that i backroll over my 6 foot buddie with him standing straight up on his board.has black carpet inside due to factory blue was ugly.all interior has been done in silver carbon fiber vinyl,the rear interior has been lets say "reshaped" due to ballst install,fuel tank is located under rear seat,has a aerial tower that has had tubing added for support and also has swivel board racks off my buddies 08 launch ,he went with different ones,towerr speaker box was made out of stainless due to my height i hated hitting my head on cans,so it now houses 4 4x6 on the own kenwood 4 channel amp that rock crystal clear.also has bennet trim tabs in factory supra locting which helps big time with plaining,has brand new acme 913 prop and also new stainless factory size prop,has sony remote head unit with two 10 inch ma audio subs in a band pass box running off jbl amp,the system really rocks out.boat has the 351 windsor in it with right at 600 original hours,all plugs and oil changed every year,transmission has new bearings and clutches,also new shaft seal packing.boat has been vinyl wrapped but has few small nicks a scatches from last 4 years,has tinted windshield................................now for negative,one blower doesnt work,one does,i took door off going into front cabin and misplaced it when i moved,i never closed the door so i removed it,boat has big scrated in fiber glass on front left below water line which i had checked and they said was ok just eye soar on trailor,most people dont notice it,also front is marked up front the roller thingy on trailor where you hook up winch rope,once again nobody notices........i would say for an 888 this boat is a 90 percent mint boat,very very solid and strong........whats it worth......help....i have idea but dont wanna sale my self short....thanks sorry for my spelling and grammer,computers are not my thing

wakeup
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
also it comes on double axle trailor

michael hunter
11-27-2011, 07:53 AM
How are the stringers and floor?

wakeup
11-27-2011, 01:42 PM
floor and stringers are solid,had soft spot in floor on drivers side so we cut it out to replace and check everything and the foam wasn't even wet,the soft spot was where we keep our cooler all the time ,I did remove the plastic insert when your feet go on drivers side and just make it smooth with the rest of floor.while we had carpet out I put three layers of fiberglass resin on before we installed new carpet

bens250ex
11-27-2011, 05:47 PM
good looking boat, if you dont mind me askin how much was the wrap?

wakeup
11-27-2011, 05:50 PM
1800.00 for wrap

wakeup
11-27-2011, 05:52 PM
come on guys,47 views to this thread and Boone can tell me a ballpark I should ask for her....

lively
11-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Well what are the basics ? Year , make , model , hours on motor , condition of boat interior / exterior .. What comes with the purchase ? Trailer tires condition , Overall out of pocket money spent ?

cadunkle
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
No one wants to be "that guy" and throw out insulting numbers. I'll be that guy though... I'd say $10k at most, probably more like $7k-$8k. Closed bows aren't in high demand, and many, like myself, would only buy a closed bow if it was a really good deal and couldn't find any solid open bow boats within a 300-500 mile drive. When I think closed bow I think $2500-$5000 SN2001 purely for a cheap bare bones boat with a decent wake. If it was open bow, maybe $10k-$13k.

jet
11-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Wow! Nice boat man. Mine will be 100% redone (floor included) by spring and be of the same niceness but without the wrap. I would also say around 9500-10k asking price but dont let any buyers walk, make a deal and sell it! Its a nice starter boat and nice ski boat so advertise on some of there sites and market it to best of both worlds to the skiers and a great starter boat that fits in the garage. Nice boat man, where have you been?? I thought I was the only one. lol. Jet

post up a few more detals and pic's. I would like to see more.

bens250ex
11-29-2011, 12:41 PM
i would say 8k max. The comp gets hurt because its low in the water and is not an open bow. I have seen one local advertised at 6k and hasnt moved. So i would prob start it at around 8k and see what happens. I have come to exspect no more than 6k if and when i sell my comp that is going through a restoration right now.

bens250ex
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
here is the link to the one that is local. Yours is deff way cleaner
http://northmiss.craigslist.org/boa/2645201081.html

jet
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Yes..a old looking boat that has zero appeal or hasnt been upgraded or hasn't had the floor redone but is still solid will go for $4k-$6k. But a boat that has HIGH appeal, modern upgrades, style and a "needs nothing" boat is WAY different and is worth more than $6k. This boat ad above is #37 that you find anywhere, anytime Its just a dull no flava unit. Jet

TitanTn
11-30-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't know if it'll make a difference in the value, but several of you have compared his boat to a Comp. His is a Bravura.

bens250ex
12-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Can someone explain the difference between a bravura and a comp?

jet
12-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Thats like explaining the difference between twins. Lol. I THINK the bravura has like a small cubby cabin with a pop-up hatch. But they are rare and I have never seen one, maybe its a euro edition. But the value between them would really be the same. Mine just has a divider in the nose with storage on each side and no pop-hatch. Am I right everyone?? Jet

jet
12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
wakeup..we need more pic's of this thing. Show us what you got man. Jet

chrisk
12-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Jet, did all of the Comp's come with the powerslot transmission? If so, could that be the major difference between Comps and Bravuras?

jet
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I am not sure on if the Brav has the powerplus but mine does. I will bet it does, but thats just a guess.

TitanTn
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Well, I'm no expert on the Bravura, but I don't think it's the same as a Comp. It's longer, wider, more horsepower, heavier, and has a cabin (or really big storage area-whatever you want to call it).

bens250ex
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
OP can you get us some more detailed pics?

wakeup
12-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Will try to geet more pics up.im on cell phome now.computer crashed,getting repaired

86 century
01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
It is a bit of an old thread but

What tower is that

My 90 bravura has the pcm 351(240hp) with the pcm 40 1.23-1 trany

rwrogers
01-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Did you sell the boat or figure or what you are asking for it. thanks, Bob.

cole1
01-23-2012, 05:36 PM
What kind of tower is that and how much was the wrap???