Conversation Between mapleleaf and 87SunSportMikeyD

47 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. So for the ballast... You have pump options for starters. You could go really simple with one Simer pump, or you could probably get away with two aerator pumps (one fill one drain) but this would only let you fill both sacs at once. You could fix this by putting a hand valve on each of the sacs, and if you want to surf, just close one side and hit fill.

You can use the raw water intake for your fill and drain hole, no problem. This lets you put your pump right near the RWIntake and your lines to the sacs are also short. You can wire the pump to the dash with a single rocker switch. This is a very good project!! I would recommend two aerator pumps after having using Simers. The Simer is super simple but it is real loud and it draws a lot of power and is kinda slow.
  2. Hey bud that sounds awesome! Might not seem like a lot of projects now but she will be a whole new boat come spring!! I really am interested in the steering cable replacement and how great the 'one-finger steering' is. Mine steers a bit hard now. Also the throttle cable! Crap I just realized a piece where the cable attached to my throttle lever broke last fall. Dang! You should get us some update pics on the apholstry! Also that semi auto ballast setup you are talking about would be SUPER easy and cheap and I could talk you through the whole thing.
  3. Ok here's what I got. Working on my DIM order, steering cable, speedo, pitot's, and a throttle cable so far. Maybe going to add the steering knuckle bolts near the rudder as per Vince's advice. Slowly sewing up my interior in the basement, but nothing really banging to show yet, I found an uplhosterer who's sewing me some of the folded edge trim that's on the back of the bow cushions...pretty hyped on that, I tried it and it looked horrible! Next'll be this little semi auto ballast deal......I'd really like to have a switch in the dash that lead to my drain and fill pumps some how with the hoses coming out of the doghouse base...It would be super clean to just throw my bags in on either side of the doghouse, plug'em in and go, we'll see about that one......Have zero materials for this project yet, oh except a couple 400 bags from Jason....
    Here's the banger, looking good for a spring road trip to Marysville......Visit Viper, hook up with Jason and then head up to open the cottage in MI... Got clearance from the wife just hoping I can wait 'til the weather's warm enough to ride in Tenn.
  4. hey mang we are in a deep freeze around 0degF it sucks! I am trying to keep posting to keep this forum moving! Otherwise I am bored at work all day. So drop some knowledge on me son! Whats new with you?
  5. Ha Ha I see you...what up bud......happy new year!!!!
  6. I dunno it sounds to me like you need to get into something with freeboard and a deep v. I personally would fix up the Brio and get it looking nice and sell to a slalom skier. You could sell it at the price you got it for or maybe a bit more, but extra accessories not so much, ya know? This Super Sport is in my head, it is making me think of saying goodbye to wood floors.......
  7. ditto, it's scary with all the credit avail. here...I could do something....good idea now??? prolly not, trying to keep focused on the Brio, it's got potential and I own it!!!!
  8. 99 Santera but still prices around $20k. Otherwise there's the MasterCraft 95 205V or the 95 CC Super Sport Nauti for around $15k generally but starting to drop. I am very very tempted by that SSN agggggg but it prolly wont happen this year
  9. what was the conclusion of Supra's first V ??? I think my next boat has got to be in that 12-18k range......It just has to save time from the restoring, that apparently I don't have time for.....wait til you have a little one runnín around! Mine actually helped winterize this year by holding wrenches!!!!
  10. Well as of the last 1-2 years 95 Super Sport Nautis usually sell for between 15k blank - 20k loaded/mint. This one might be a real steal for 12k budget-loaded. It is very tempting because I don't think I will see another 95SSN for under $15k again...
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 47
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast