Conversation Between bones77 and 87SunSportMikeyD

6 Visitor Messages

1. i am 6'4" and about 200lbs. i would be the the biggest in the crew. the others are about 6' and 150 160 and the chicks are 5' to 5'6" and 100 110. i am lookin from floor to rope tying point and where to put the rope tying point from bow to stern. yes the prop the was stock was a 13 13 lh 1" bore 3 blade. i am going to make my own tank for the bow out of aluminum. its going to be 18" wide in the front of the bow, 48" wide in the back, and 30" from bow to stern and 11" high in the front tall and 13" in the back tall. i am going to weld a divider from the bow to stern right in the middle so i can load either side or fill the whole thing totally. so you said i need another 750lb sac in the back between the seat and motor box? or the side of the box? dont you load only one side with weight? i guess i dont follow? with the smaller prop the rpm s would be ok with a perfect pass or no? what does regular or goofy have as far as loading the weight? thanks again
  2. Hey buddy yeah I didn't see that one coming lol! Thanks for the kind words. What did you need about the Monster Tower again? Measurements for building your own? If your boat is like my 87 (LH, 1" bore, stock prop is 13x13), and if you rarely slalom ski and do not barefoot, you want the ACME #913 which is a 13x10.5. It rips out of the hole when fully weighted, however unweighted top speed is only about 38mph and you must be careful not to go over 4600rpm which is possible if you floor it since boats do not have a rev limiter.

The weight you have listed sounds perfect for wakeboarding but yes you will need more to surf. You will need a 750lb sac on the floor along side the motor box in the rear. Is your crew regular or goofy? I dont' think you can hide that much under the floor. Also you may sometimes need bow weight but I like mine off to the side of the bow, not in the center. What kind of bow tank are you looking at? Did you find the secret space in the bow passanger side?

For boards, try wakeoutlaws.com classifieds for some great cheap boards. Even the pros post their boards there. The Broadcast 5.6" is ok, but not the greatest. Can you demo one? Ask the shops around you. What is height/weight for you and for biggest and smallest in your crew? It is a GREAT surf boat.

Thanks we have done a ton to my boat, but fortunatly it has not needed much structurally or with the engine other than basics. If I had to do the kind of things you are doing I would be way behind!

Happy to help, let me know!
  3. hey man, i know u have been busy defending yourself on here, but i feel you are a huge asset to this forum. could you get back to me on my previous pm please.
  4. hey man, finally figured out how to do pics on here. i could not find the measurements on the monster tower. what is the best prop for everything? wakeboarding, surfin and kneeboarding? where can i get a shaft for her? i have figured out the tanks i will make for ballast , gonna have about 625 in the back (under the seat) and 425 in the front under the pen. sound good? will i need more to surf? i have never been on a boat thats done surfin. have no idea on a board or where to even start? your boat is awesome? you have so much done to it. mine will hopefully be close to yours by the early spring. i got a sweet paint job thought up and am going to build a tower with a little from a few towers i have seen. it will be one of a kind for sure. the boat will be like brand new when i am done and crazy. thanks man for the help!!!
  5. Hey man! Congratulations! I'm assuming you got it for little or nothing? You will definitly come out ahead on this one! Go ahead and start a post for everyone to see you will get lots of advise. Many people talk about building under-the-floor tanks for this boat, but you would really need to get under the floor and measure yourself to see if you can get enough weight under there. The ideal weight for this boat is about 1600lbs. This is the max you will probably want at some point but if you have more people in the boat you wouldn't need as to be as full.

For wakeboarding I run about 600-800 in back (sac in rear ski locker and under rear bench seat) and 400 in front (two sacs tucked along the sides of open bow).

For surfing I run 1300 (rear ski locker sac, rear seat sac, 750 sac on the floor by motorbox) in back and 200 in front (one of the two bow sacs filled on the surf side).

I would look at MonsterTower.com and you can download a measurements sheet for the MT2 tower. This will give you good idea of height.

Don't forget to take lots of pics!!! GOOD LUCK! Message me any time.
    WakeMikey
  6. hey man, i just had a 1984 supra rider given to me a week ago. i am new to this forum bit so please bear with me. the boat is in very rough shape! the whole interior is shot. floor is rotted and stringers are bad along with the motor mounts. motor runs great and hull is good! i am a welder by trade and i have a buddy who does upholstry. not a big deal. i was wondering about building my own ballast tanks since it would be easy and cheap for me. my problem is i am new to the wakeboarding scene and dont know much about what would be a good set up for this boat since i need to rebuild the whole thing now is the time to plan and attack! i was asking for advice please. also i can make my own tower but need measurements from floor to top and such? i have so many questions thanks for the time brandon(bones)
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6