Conversation Between tallnfast and AustinSaltare

2 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks Andrew...I still have the motor (454) and tranny and could let it go for something like $750 but i have to warn you that when I removed it from the boat I found a freeze plug in the bilge. There's absolutely NO sign of any damage but you know how that goes. I fully expect the motor to be good and was holding on to it to move to the '92 at some later date (don't care for the 5.8 thats in the '92). While I'm willing to take the gamble myselft I can't let it go without "full disclosure".
  2. Hey bob;
    It's Andrew (Tallnfast on Supra Forum)
    I just spoke with my uncle and he is leaving for Paris on Wednsday and returning on the 15th. I didn't need him to "inspect" the boat, as I know I want it. However I thought as a courtesy I would "get it out of your hair." So, he can either pick it up and take it to his property near Austin after Nov 15th. He told me he actually has a brother in law in your city! (small world) OR.... I can plan on taking a trip out there the weekend before Thanksgiving, or the preferably the weekend after. I would come Thanksgiving but my wife's family from WI will be in town.
    As you can tell I am very interested. I looked at your pictures and feel your pain, as the stringers job just plan sucks. It's so dirty. You can follow my restoration on this site under Pride and Job. Honestly I love the size and set up of the Saltare and have always wanted one.
    Do you still have the motor and/or transmission? If so, what do you plan on doing with it? So, please let me know if you are OK with those dates, as I said I give you my word that I will pick up the boat ASAP, and even send you something in the mail to let you know I am serious.
    Thanks again so much, I am SO SO excited! If you want I can call or you can call me to work out the details. It's about a 17 hour drive from 37757.
    Andrew (sorry I am so long winded, just excited like a little kid i guess...)
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2