Conversation Between 87SunSportMikeyD and FecalFajita

8 Visitor Messages

1. Hey we will be out this weekend in a pontoon boat and my buddies i/o on Sat and Sun. Thinking of mayyyybe going to the cable park tomorrow morning. Give me a call!
  2. Annnnddd It's fixed. Let me know if you want to do some riding.
  3. Hey man how's it going? We were out on the 'Sippi last week. Boat is running great! Oh wait, I mean was. My cousin drove it into the trailer and punctured a hole in the side, so it's in the shop getting fixed...

Have you been out much this year? And what's getting repaired on yours?
  4. Shawn are you ridin now or what??? Havent seent he SunSport out! Mine is getting repaired cryyyyy! Whats up homie lets hang.
  5. Hey don't worry I have been riding a week without an alternator. I just take both batteries out at the end of the night and charge them both up. I have also bee wiring both batteries directly to each other. Crankin stereo and wakeboarding all day, no troubles! I just ordered mine yesterday, the 3-wire alt.
    We will be out all day Sunday if you want to drop by we usually have people meet us at the Penninsula Point park right by the Champlain/169 bridge 612-232-2040.
  6. So it looks like my boat is going to see another weekend of sitting unused in the driveway, because UPS can't find the alternator that I ordered. If you're up for it, maybe it'd be a good weekend to check out that boat of yours?
  7. Ahhh that's awesome I live on Mississippi and East River Road actually a bit north of Miss right by 694 in apartments. My rudder only had three o-rings I believe. Just get new o-rings and make sure the rudder shaft doesn't have a flat spot on it. Lightly sand it with fine grit to smooth the flat spot if there is one.

You will need to grease the rudder arm. Any auto store has a rack of grease gun tools, get a $15 kit with small grease gun and buy a pack of small grease gun fittings called zerks. Get a tube of marine grease. There are a couple zerks on the rudder and rudder arm. If they won't fill , they are threaded, remove it and replace with a new one. Pump them full, then turn the while a few times, then wipe up whatever grease has leaked out or you will find it in your bilge water clogging your pump.

I would love to check the boat sometime! You're welcome to ride with us on the Mississippi anytime too!
  8. I see that you've had your rudder apart at one time, So maybe you're the guy to ask...I took mine apart yesterday because it had a LOT of play and leaked a little. Inside, there's one o-ring at the bottom, Two rubber seals at the top, and a clamp ring. But there's way more room than for just the two rubber seals and a clamp ring at the top...What is supposed to be in there that I'm missing?

Also, This is Sean, The guy who bought the Black Pearl from Simon and Wes. I live right off of Mississippi and Able St. in Fridley. You should come check the boat out some time.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8