Conversation Between 87SunSportMikeyD and mapleleaf

47 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Oh and I did my prop change on the trailer too! Still couldnt find the pin! Put some masking tape on it for sure.
  2. I have to admit since my Wild aren't in the playoffs, I have reverted to watching basketball. I am bummed that they have both playoffs at the same time. Can't believe the Canadiens beat the Capitals!! I have a 13 x 12 prop and a 13 x 13. The 13x12 can pull up to 1000lbs weight and still hit 42mph so that might be your best bet. The 13x11.5 should be more powerful but you will probably only hit 38mph in that. My 13x10.5 tops out at about a cool 35mph hehe, but it rips out the hole with 1500lbs.
  3. Yeah I thought I was being patient, but the waters call'in. Jt said the kit comes with an extra nut and some other stuff... I can't remember if it's the 542 or 543, but they're 13X 12 and 13 X11.5 respectively, should help with hole shots, but maybe still let somebody go foot'in!!!!
    I'll do the prop change on the trailer instead of the boat hoist, so I don't lose the key..........
    Canucks for the Cup Baby!!!!!!! We need it back!!!!!!
  4. whaazzzzzzupppppppp!!
  5. Mikey , I'm a total dork when I go to Oznium...I can't figure what I need, I would love some led's just need to be told which ones....
    My board came today....it's chipped and cracked, we'll see how east coast surf co. handles it......other than that it looks like a ton of fun.....
    later dawg....
  6. Yea the SurePower is only like $65 too compared to the BlueSea add a batt unit that is like $120 and comes with perko switch too that is totally unneeded. I couldnt find if they were ignition proof though. I did some math and with a pair of 400s it would take about 8 mins to fill them BOTH using ONE attwood tsunami 1200. Nice!!! That new alt really is nice though. Lots of power. You should pick up a few cheap LEDs for fun too oznium.com lol!
  7. Thanks Mikey!!! Looks like Wakemaker's has a good price on tsunami's so I'll contqct Jason there, and thanks for the Bill Yates info I'll look into it, that was the part of the second batt. hookup I wasn't sure about.......
    You da Man....
  8. Hey wow covering a lot of ground here! http://www.db-starter-alternator.com...Wire%20ADR0334 here is the link to the alt I got, if you want you can call and talk to.. Ron I think. He was really smart.

For my second battery, I have them both under the spotters seat. I turned them sideways (ie pos term pointed to bow, neg to stern) to save space. Very easy to wire them together but you want to get a battery seperator/combiner, which keeps the batts seperate when using stereo so you always have a backup. When you are driving it charges both. When starting it senses if there is enough charge from main batt and if not it combines them. The cheapest model is the SurePower1314 I think you can get them w/ discount through billyates on wakeworld search SurePower his name will be everywhere and PM him. Very simple unit to hook up. Wiring diagram is on SurePower web page.

If you use aerator pumps I think they are ignition protected (double check though). Simers are not so if you go that route, I put mine under the spotters seat with the batteries. Fresh water comes in through raw water intake, then through the floor of spotters seat, then through pump, then through the wall into the gunwale where it splits to go to bow and stern.
  9. Hey those boards you order look like a lot of fun!! Good price too....
    Haven't done my Alty yet and have my second battery but stuck as too where to put it, looks like to do it right I should rip out my old single batt box and build a double and install it, only it's under the drivers console which is like a pinner on my boat....hard to work under der....
    My tat guy flaked, he's my neighbour so I'll catch up with him at some point, He's putting a big jack plane on my right arm, should be from my shoulder to my elbow, it's a little nuts!!!! I'm a slave to the woodwork!
    Where'd you get your alt? I remember it was a good deal.....
    Oh and how do I ignition protect my pumps if I put them in the engine compartment????
    And you're gonna have to run me through the dual batt. set up again....I don't remember....If you could email me a sketch of the wiring that'd be [email protected], John Bednar on (shit)facebook
  10. Ok Mikey, I''ll post up pics of interior as it goes....
    You're definitely walking/talking me throught this ballast deal..... I basically want to be able to pull the bags in and out and thats it....a quuick hookup to do.....This will be one of my later spring projects as I'm still clinging to the dream of getting her painted....Cheap would be good, but functional would be better!!!! (on the ballast)
    The steering cable is $122 and the throttle cable is $30!!! I was like dang I could redo the throttle every year!!!!!!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 47
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast