Conversation Between knoble and Irish_Jack

4 Visitor Messages

1. Irish Jack,
    I took pics of my GT-40p heads to help identify of yours are or are not. I show the bars, straight plug heads and GTP on the corner of each head. I posted it on my page. i did a shit load of research before getting these heads and they outflow the GT-40 heads. They are said to be the best small block heads ford ever made. They straightened the intake and exhaust ports more to give better flow. I believe they also moved the spark plug closer to center for better burn.That's why the plugs are straight. The exhaust ports are shaped a little different and because of the straight plugs a lot of car guys do not mess with them. Their headers or exhaust manifolds will not give enough clearance for those straight plugs and usually leak. I had to re-do my one exhaust gasket because if it is a little off it will leak because of the different shape. Hope this clear up some things!!
  2. the gt-4o head are angle plugs and I am almost certain the p have straight plugs. i will check on my heads tomorrow and let you know!
  3. Knoble, you are a God-sent. Mine will say gt40p under the valve cover? I will have to check that out... Thanks!
  4. I'm running a Crane Power Max cam with a 288 and 292 lift duration. I'm running roller rockers on the heads as well. I got all my parts from summit racing. everything is specifically for the boss gt40 motor... part# for the cam kit is crn-524422...
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4