Conversation Between rludtke and 89supracomp

4 Visitor Messages

1. It would be very simple to have your fabricator splice in a section of tube, or start over with another aluminum tube the dimension that you need. The swivel could be removed from the old and added to the new. You could mount an eye bolt and use a ratchet strap like I do. I was about to go this route myself, because they want so much money for new pylons, then I found this used one.
  2. ok thanks. im going to check with a local welder and see if he can make the pylon longer. The brand of pylon i have is "ten foot pole." I dont know why they call it that because it is only five feet long. I think some of the other brands are seven feet long. That extra two foot would probably solve my problem.
  3. Hi Blake,

I have a two-piece Skylon that I bought used. It didn't have the original cable when I got it, so I drilled the top for an eye bolt to connect a ratchet strap to. My eye bolt hole is a little higher on the pole than the original hole for the cable, which might be why it works. I simply got lucky that the strap cleared the bimini.

Perhaps you could modify yours by moving your strap attachment farther up the pole?

I also have a board rack that clamps to the larger (lower) tube of the Skylon, which would not let me use the bimini because the lower tube barely pokes through the bimini fabric.

Hope this helps,

Rick
  4. Rick,
    I noticed on one of your pictures that you were able to have your extended pylon and your bimini top up at the same time. This is something that i would like to do. I realize that i will have to cut a hole in the bimini for the pylon to go through....my problem is that my extended pylon is not tall enough so that the rachet strap will clear the front of the bimini. Did you modify your extended pylon to make it longer or do i need to sell mine and look at a different brand?

I would like to have a pole tall enough so that i can install a pylon rack above the bimini. That would give me alot more floor space.

Thanks
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4