Conversation Between sybrmike and bens 1985 supra sunsport

4 Visitor Messages

1. I ended up buying the salt at Canyon Lake afterall couldn't pass up on the price. I pulled the seats and tank out and will be doing some floor / stringer work for starters. I dont know if I can get by without having to seperate the boat or just a partial stringer job. Either way I have a lot of work to do. Thanks
  2. Thanks for the info I'm sure its the same one. It is a bit of a basket case but I think I should be able to save her. The owner was actually one of the Wrecker drivers that was at the scene of my accident. So it is actually the first one I have looked at. The problem is he is having a hard time finding the title and it won't do me any good without that. So we will see where I end up. If you know of any others in your area please let me know.
    Thanks
  3. I looked at several boats last year, so the details of each tend to run together now. If I remember correctly, this one was sitting behind a metal storage building on a winding road (aren't they all) on the shores of Canyon. Owner wasn't available to meet, but I was invited to look around.

A bit more of a basket case than I was looking for. Appeared to have been sitting for quite awhile. I think the hull was in overall good shape, but the interior was pretty much gutted (I think he had the pieces somewhere). The 454 was gone, but had a 350 crate short block available (could use existing mounts) but I didn't want the hassle of sourcing the remaining marine components. The trailer was rough & needed tires. Didn't get as far as really opening her up to check stringers and such (felt a little uneasy tearing into a boat on the side of the road w/out the owner around). Since you said you were just looking for a hull & based on the amazing work your posts showed you did with that Sunsport - it might be worth looking at. At the time, the guy sounded like he really needed it gone (not many lookers) so could probably be had for cheap (especially a year later if it's the same one). Good luck & again sorry for your loss.
  4. Thanks for the info and it might just be the same one near Canyon Lake. Any reason why you didn't buy this one?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4