Hybrid View

You'll be fine. No need to fill the block.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Thank you Titan, I try it next week and will probably do a video of the engine running.
    Cheers
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

The boat looks great - all your efforts have really paid off. That interior looks factory fresh. You are sure to inspire the addition of more Supra's to your area once they see that beauty on the water.

Like Titan said, you'll be fine without filling the block. With no water in the block, the thermostat should heat up and open in only a few minutes to fill the engine once it's running. Just watch your temperature guage - I think the stock thermostat is a 145 deg F, so the temperature will probably rise to 150-160 deg F & then drop down once the thermostat opens.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Stephane,
    Hey its matt, you had found me on YouTube last year. Boat looks awesome and i will take some credit for persuading you to buy it! Just found you on here so thought to say hi. How close to wakeboarding season are you?

Hi Matt, glad to see you here as well. The boat is actually at a place for a new cover. I take it back next monday. Then, I need to change engine and transmission oil, filters, polish hull, and put it in water. Maybe half of next week. Then it's begining of wakeboarding this beast.
    I will take photos and videos of our tricks.

Stay tuned
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

You were right guys, today I start the engine. No problem of temperature, when the thermostat opens, water enters engine. It runs just perfect at idle, but impossible to rise RPM !!! I tried with Choke and disconnected choke, nothing to do.
    But I'm afraid to open the carburetor. The risk is to never start again ... I try to find litterature on it.
    Also, idle is arround 600rpm, the alternator does not charge the battery. But I remember on the friend's X35, no charge at idle, it needed to be arround 1000rpm to start charging. So, I will wait that the engine runs perfectly before deciding to change the alternator.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Idle should be around 850-900. Go ahead and get a carb rebuild kit. It's easier than it looks and you'll eliminate a lot of possibilities by rebuilding it now.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839