Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Hi everyone, last pictures indoor. Next one will be on water (next week )
    Hifi is done, tower idem. Just need a new cover and i'ts ready for this season.

bateau5.jpgbateau6.jpgbateau7.jpgbateau8.jpg
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Man that interior is looking great. The whole boat is looking great.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Thanks guys, I appreciate.

Yes wakeboarding start to be an important water sport in France. Many brand new boats sold are wake boats.
    At the club where I'm ridding, there are 30 boats. 20 of them are ski/wake boats. Most of ski boats have wake towers.

Curiously, Supra are absolutly unknow boats here. Many old CC, Malibu, MC, very few TS6M, that's it.

I have one question before starting the engine. I empty water from the engine and exhaust by removing screws down the block and exhaust. But I didn't fill it with antifreeze, as the boat is sleeping in a garage.

Now I need to start it. But, I think I need first to fill the block with water, as the thermostat is still in place (so the garden water will not entry the engine ?). Is there a block filling screw somewhere or do I need to remove the thermostat ???
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Is this a closed cooling system, or a fresh water system? Assuming that it's fresh cooling as most are, you won't do anything specific to "fill the block." You need to get water into the engine via the water inlet hose. You can do that with a valve right above where the water enters the boat from the lake thru-hull, or as most common, you need to use a "fake-a-lake" attachment to a water hose as seen in the image at this link: http://www.bargainboatparts.com/p-10...ke-a-lake.aspx

1986 Saltare

It's a fresh water system. I was thinking that the engine is in closed loop when cold, means only the water inside the block is circulating inside, the fresh water only cools the exhausts. When hot, the thermostat opens, and let fresh water entering the block for cooling, and hot water goes out.

That's why I want to fil the block first, as it's actually empty of anything.

I have a garden hose connector system between filter and engine.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

You'll be fine. No need to fill the block.

1986 Saltare

Thank you Titan, I try it next week and will probably do a video of the engine running.
    Cheers
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

The boat looks great - all your efforts have really paid off. That interior looks factory fresh. You are sure to inspire the addition of more Supra's to your area once they see that beauty on the water.

Like Titan said, you'll be fine without filling the block. With no water in the block, the thermostat should heat up and open in only a few minutes to fill the engine once it's running. Just watch your temperature guage - I think the stock thermostat is a 145 deg F, so the temperature will probably rise to 150-160 deg F & then drop down once the thermostat opens.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Stephane,
    Hey its matt, you had found me on YouTube last year. Boat looks awesome and i will take some credit for persuading you to buy it! Just found you on here so thought to say hi. How close to wakeboarding season are you?