Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    fantastic looking!

are there many wakeboard style boats where you are? i bet yours turns alot of heads.
    There are one X-Star 2008 ; one X-14 2010 ; all the other boats are old Mastercrafts/Correct crafts/Malibus of 80's. For now, I'm the only one on water. It's still 13°C outside, 9°C in water. Boats will go in water in 1 month I think. All my friends who have seen mine, and who knows the Friend's X35 are very impressive by the Saltare, as it's an oldschool nice looking boat.

@ DAFF, no drill, I don't think I will keep it 10 years. But the stringers visible close to the engine and supports of the engine looks perfect. As for the entire interior or the hull state, the old owner of this boat was amazingly careful with it. It looks brand new !

I've seen LPG conversion only on sky/wake School boats. They can ask for a tank and pump for their club. But no conversion for average peolple as there is no any LPG station arround places to do boat.
    Last edited by Sdc77; 04-23-2012 at 05:36 AM.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Hey Guys, wich spark plugs model do you use in your 454 ? Mine are tired, I need to change it soon.
    I would like the best compromise between price/durability/fuel economy/performance. I have and electronic ignition on it.
    Thanks
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Dont have 454 in my boat yet.

I use autolite plugs in every thing have always had real good luck.
    Would stay away from champion and bosch I have found there quality to a bit spoty.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Hi century,
    Thanks for quick answer. Autolite seems hard to find in France. What do you think about NGK ?
    I find 2 references for the v-power kind : 2771 and 7052
    I can have to my local dealer 2771. Any suggestion ?
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Ngk are good plugs
    I will not put anything else in a two stroke
    Have not ever used them in bigger eng

Hi guys,
    My 454 is black smoking when hot at idle, with big smell of fuel. When I rebuilt the carb, I change idle mixture screws. When removed the old ones, I notice 1 1/4 turn from maximum, so I tune the same new Srews. On this video :

They say to turn 1 1/2 turn. That's where I would like to know if your engine smokes or do I need to retune my carb. I don't have any vaccum gauge, so I can only tune it by hear and feeling. Any advise is welcome. Thanks
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

The 1 1/2 turns is a starting point. Just so we know where were at check the float settings and power valve if it has poped back through the carb it could have taken it out.

Get the eng running turn the screws in one at a time till in nearly kills the eng.
    Then back them out till the idle smoothes out. It may take going back and forth a few times to get it right.

From one eng to another the final setting can be vastly differnt.

Thanks century, I will tune it as you describe next time I run it. And keep you in touch
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

First cession of my friend. 32km/h at GPS, no ballast, just me in the boat :

Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Definatly in love with Supra Boats. The Saltare is the Best low cost choice we could do ! Today was shinny and 24°C, water 12°C, 4 people in the boat, 1 rider, good wake, good vibe, alot of Fun !

I have an oil problem. When I shut off the engine, some oil is going out from exhausts. I read that it's maybe tired piston rings, or valve seats. The engine is 250 hours. It will be too much work for me, so I simply will check oil level and often clean spark plugs.

I'm also close to place an order for a 4160 E85 conversion kit. Here in France E85 is half the price of gasoline. So it will be an economical upgarde.
    Last edited by Sdc77; 05-06-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare