Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

I'd be careful on the E85 conversion. Ethanol loves to attract water and quite frankly, having the boat on the water with E85 in it is just asking for more trouble than saving a buck or two on a gallon of gas. Plus the E85 doesn't usually produce the same amount of power that a gallon of normal gas does.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Hey Ben,
    I use my boat daily. E85 attracts water when sitting a long time in a non moving tank.

I already did an E85 conversion on the old Peugeot 205 of my gril Friend. I simply drill the jet 50% bigger, tune idle jet, and give 5 more degrees on timing. The engine was alot more torquy. It was an 1.3L and works like a 1.6L after conversion, with only 20% more fuel consumption on a half price fuel.

We do 150H of wake per years. That means 3800L of gasoline. Means 6080€/year !!! It's definatly not a buck or two to get 30% economy. Remember I'm not living in US, here gasoline price is a real problem to our common passion
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Would realy like to know how the convertion comes out.
    I have considered doing the convertion to mine only thing keeping me from it is not being able to get e85 on the lake.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Hey guys,
    Today I tried to tune the engine, to get less black smoke at idle.
    So I warmed the engine (I did 2 wake cessions before acting), and start to trun mixture srews. I tried with 1/4 turn each side, and each time. When I srewed, rpm rised, so I unscrewed idle screw. It started to smoke less, but I finally turned srews to maximum ! And the engine is still running. Running good actually !
    Is it normal ? My carb is a holley 4160 with 1 metering block with 2 mixture srews on 1 side and a jet plate on the other side. Is there an idle system on the jet plate side ?
    Last edited by Sdc77; 05-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I dont think any of the holly vacuum secondary carbs have four corner idle.

I could be wrong unless some one has modified the carb.

Ok. Any idea why the engine is still running with tightened screws ?

Here is the wake, no ballast, no extra weight, 3 people in the boat, speed 20MPH :

Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Make sure the screw on the linkage is not in so far its not running on the main jets.

It should kill it with the screws all the way in if backing the idle screw on the linkage out doesnt kill it then you most likely have a vacuum leak.

All so make sure the secondaries on the carb are closed.

Hey century,
    I checked everything. Secondary is closed, dry discharge nozzle on primary and secondary. I read on the PCM manual that the secondary has no idle mixture screw, but does have an idle section, with no possible tunning. I think my engine is running only on the secondary idle system at idle.
    Today I did a wake cession with friends. No more black smoke. The engine runs pretty fine, good idle and torque, fast accelerations. Maybe I run a little bit lean at idle, but it runs and starts without any choke (I lock the choke plate in open position). So, wait and see !

Today I find the rear sun bath hatch failure. The wood is definitely dead. Water and mold killed it. I started to remove vinyl. I think I will rebuild it in PVC in place of wood. I also think about reversing the opening of this hatch. To open it from the inside of the boat instead of the back of the swim platform. Will take pics of the process.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    Today I find the rear sun bath hatch failure. The wood is definitely dead. Water and mold killed it. I started to remove vinyl. I think I will rebuild it in PVC in place of wood. I also think about reversing the opening of this hatch. To open it from the inside of the boat instead of the back of the swim platform. Will take pics of the process.
    that stinks. there's another thread around here somewhere talking about it. plastic would be nice but it will cost you. most cheaper plastics will sag over such a wide span. fiberglassed wood isn't perfect but it usually fits the budget. you seem very resourceful though...one method i'd like to try.... resin soaked, vacuum bagged foam board. supplies would be cheap but you need somewhat special tools...vacuum, etc. might take more than 1 try too, lol.

reversed hatch would be nice. maybe shocks to hold it open when you want? don't want the wind opening it of course. but, would be nice to have 2 hands for a change when reaching in there.
    Last edited by Salty87; 05-07-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks Salty for advises, I didn't think about the opening of the hatch by the wind ! Good point.
    Finally I will rebuilt it as factory with standard opening, in PVC + Aluminium, exactly as the way I rebuilt the floor hatch beind the dog house.

Here are pics of the wood state :

IMG_1368.jpgIMG_1369.jpg
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare