Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

I would think a diesel would work out ok.

I think the factory governor is set at 3500 or 4000 you will only loose around 500rpm off of the topend.
    Should be easy enough to get the speed back with a higher pitch prop.

The good thing will be nearly impossible to over rev where ever the governor is set is where it will stop.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Hey guys,
    Finally coming back from south of France where many taxi/tourism boats are fitted with the 6.2 or 6.5 Diesel. 1Km behind the boat, it still smell diesel. So I will think about a 5.7L gas engine.
    For now I will order a Grant steering wheel, 72 jets for the carb (my spark plugs are dry back, so I run too rich) instead of the 74 ones.
    I will also buy some leds for the inside and underwater.

I have 1 cup holder broken. It's black. I would like to change every of it by stainless steel, but I don't find on the net SS cup holder of 2-7/8". Anybody has a plan ?
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

The cupholders are pretty universal, I don't know what you have available over there for shipping though.

Can I get your old steering wheel if you are replacing it with a Grant? I'd love to hang a Supra steering wheel from a Saltare that resided in France in my shop. That would just be a cool artifact. I'd pay for shipping.

You can find a few different diameters in the stainless steel cupholders on the web. My original black plastic cupholders were all busted up & I wanted the larger ones in my Saltare so I could fit cans with coozies. There wasn't enough room in the molded plastic to accommodate the larger ones (plus the wood was rotten in the speaker portions & I was doing all new vinyl anyway), so I made all new speaker/cup pods out of treated plywood. I "recycled" my original molded plastic pods to another Saltare owner that was missing his completely. Since your vinyl is in such nice condition, I'd just keep looking for the smaller s/s inserts.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Wonder if you were to utilize a FAE or something like that if that might cut down on the diesel fume issue.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

@haugy : No problem, I will ship you the steering wheel as soon as I replace it. Can you find for me for exemple ø72 jets for my carb, a used Holley or Edelbrock smaller carb ? This can be a good deal, as we don't have used such things here in France ...

@sybrmike : I also find on the net larger cups in SS, but not 2-7/8" SS. Only plastic

@Jetlink : what is FAE ?
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    @haugy : No problem, I will ship you the steering wheel as soon as I replace it. Can you find for me for exemple ø72 jets for my carb, a used Holley or Edelbrock smaller carb ? This can be a good deal, as we don't have used such things here in France ...

@Jetlink : what is FAE ?
    I can get you Jets, but your symbol has me a bit off. Is that supposed to be a .72 or .072?

FAE = Fresh Air Exhaust, it's a pair of pipes (homemade, so you can easily make them) that divert the exhaust down into the water after coming out the back of the boat. This pumps them down instead of straight out unrestricted like normal. The water helps cut down on fumes by disapating the exhaust through water, and while under way makes the exhaust bubbles have to float up before they are exposed. Therefore by the time the bubbles surface you are long gone, and there is no exhaust pumping directly into the air like now.

It's not a bad idea for that diesel set up. Search FAE in here, it's been covered with pics.

I think this smaller one will fit?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...3&merchID=4006
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Mike, this cup seems to be what I need Thanks for the link !

haugy, It's righten on the jet "743", assuming it's a 74 jet. So I want to lean it, that's why I want to go to 72. Don't know if it's diameter in inch, mm or something else.

Ok I see the Fresh exhaust system. To me, it's a waste to quiet those engines, V8 are so rare in France, so when we have one, we want to ear it
    Anyway, 6.2 or 6.5 diesel are very rare here. A 5.7 gas seems to be the way to go for us.
    Last edited by Sdc77; 08-27-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare