Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Hello,
    I give the TSB to a sewer. I will get an answer next monday.
    Oh, and I receive every items for the audio installation ! Next week will be productive on the beast
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Just noticed this thread. Congrats on the Saltare! Glad to see one of the mother ship of the Supra line overseas. I have an '89 Saltare too. Here's mine...

Prices are high over there, but that's to be expected. I got mine, at current exchange rates, for under 6000 Euro. Limited availability in France though, so anything from here will be more expensive.

The other guys were spot on with 6-7 GPH. My Saltare burns about 6 GPH. I ride at 21 MPH and turn 2200-2300 RPM. I have not tuned my carb that well yet, so I expect some small improvement in efficiency once I jet it leaner. Guy who had it before me had it jetted all bassackwards with 84 jets on primary side and 77 (?) on secondary with a power valve on primary and plug on secondary. It was way rich! Right now it's at 74 primary jets and I want to say 80 or 82 secondary with a plug for power valve on secondary side. I run a 800 CFM Holley double pumper. I believe it's still rich so I will jet down further this season and save on fuel. Fortunately gas here for 89 octane (ROM+MON/2) is about $3.40/gallon or .90 Euro / liter It wasn't long ago that gas here was around $2/gallon.

So with the carb, keep the Holley. They're great reliable carbs and are simple to rebuild and tune. Depending on what model carb and CFF as well as any work done to your engine, you may be able to jet leaner. Generally for a stock big block I'd be looking at around 72 primary jetting and 80 on secondary if no power valve or 76 with a power valve. Keep changing jets for smaller/leaner jets until you get a lean stumble at steady cruise then go up 2 jet sizes and you'll be at most efficient carb jetting. There is a lot more to it, but if you get to that point of adjusting the carb I'd be happy to help.

Nice boat. No tower ?
    I keep your jet ideas in mind, and will ckeck it as soon as I finish the audio system installation.

Here is the TSB with Vinyl. Finally, my vinyl was not a good quality one, to hard to stretch. The sewer uses his vinyl, and no need to sew it. Here is the result :

IMG_1216.jpgIMG_1217.jpg

Notice that I put piece of noise killer (from house sealing material) inside the thing.

This evening I cut and start to polish the aluminium front plate.
    Last edited by Sdc77; 05-06-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Me to !

Here is what it should look like when finished. I just need to polish and seal everything together :

IMG_1218.jpgIMG_1219.jpgIMG_1220.jpg
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Looks great

Keep it up

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Hey guys, it's been a while I didn't post something. I'm not home so no good progress on my stuff. Trying to get good result on polishing alimunium is more difficult than what I expected. It looks brilliant but not mirror. Front speakers are in the boat.
    Keep watching, some new picture soon.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for the finished product, so keep us informed!

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Hey guys, finally, the thing is done ! Next step is mounting it on the tower, installing head unit, speakers, bass box, and wirring.
    To get a good sealing and nice finition, I apply a black silicone between the aluminium face and the TSB vinyl. Here are pics :

ts28.jpgts29.jpgts30.jpgts31.jpgts32.jpg
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    Nice boat. No tower ?
    Not yet anyway. The pole gives the same result for a fraction of the price. Would be nice to have some board racks though. Eventually when I get some automotive restoration projects done I should have some play money to get a New Dimension tower, which is the only one I've seen so far looks right to my eye on the old square windshield boats.

Good work on the speaker box, looking forward to following the rest of your progress with the boat.