Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Woops...... Tablesaw

Had a little mishap in the woodshop thurs. night. After an ambulance ride and a trip through the ER I'm happy to say a full recovery is on its way.... 2 fingers and thumb dragged into the blade , unbelievable how lucky I am to have not lost anything, Working exhausted is never really a good idea, I had the wrong tear out plate on the saw which allowed my material to be sucked in, the piece shattered and tossed my hands back out, I'd say all in about 2/10's of a second....... Uploading from my phone where the pics are, I'd add more detail, but I'm typing with one thumb!!!! Can't figure out how to upload pics from my iPhone.....bummer
    Last edited by mapleleaf; 12-03-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    90 Conbrio

Last edited by mapleleaf; 12-03-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    90 Conbrio

Oh wow Johnny....good lord man. I am REALLY glad to hear that you are ok.

No kidding.......Having a hard time getting my hands clean from the mess.
    90 Conbrio

Thank Heavens your OK . I had a close one with my thumb a few years back ,only put a 1/8 deep groove across the front.

GOOD ONE!! I just told my wife to come over and check out this picture. She ran to bathroom because she peed in her pants...
    Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    Had a little mishap in the woodshop thurs. night. After an ambulance ride and a trip through the ER I'm happy to say a full recovery is on its way.... 2 fingers and thumb dragged into the blade , unbelievable how lucky I am to have not lost anything, Working exhausted is never really a good idea, I had the wrong tear out plate on the saw which allowed my material to be sucked in, the piece shattered and tossed my hands back out, I'd say all in about 2/10's of a second....... Uploading from my phone where the pics are, I'd add more detail, but I'm typing with one thumb!!!! Can't figure out how to upload pics from my iPhone.....bummer

Sorry my Canadian buddy. That sucks!!!!!!!!!! Glad you kept all of them. Hows the boat stuff going. Cover and light bar and such. Geno

Thanks be that it wasn't worse.

Get a Sawstop and get well.
    2009 21V

Maybe they should add your pics to that old black & white safety film we had to watch back in junior high wood shop. Sorry it happened, but glad it wasn't any worse... Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Wow, hate to hear that but like others have said, glad it wasn't worse.

Hope you have a quick recovery.
    2006 Supra 24SSV