Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tuning the wake on 22SSV

Can anyone provide some tips / info on the correct wake-plate & ballast settings for a 22SSV?

Lately we have been running full ballast (gravity iii upgrade) of about 900kgs with the wake-plate set at 32%.

The wake is super solid and steep, but in fact it is too steep and vertical. Riders are complaining that it is boosting them up, but not across the wake if that make sense.

Anyone have any ideas on what we should be dialling it back to?

I run 1100 lbs in the playpen and 400 lbs on each side of the engine. I then have around 300 lbs of lead spread under the seats. I run at 24 mph with the wakeplate around 65%

I believe if you want more ramp and less peak, let some weight out of the front. Note that Supras are naturally peaky.

I know Supras like more front weight to get the ideal wake. However, I think you can mellow out the wake some by draining some front or adding more to the rear.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I agree with KG. Also If I want easy/quick adjustments I change my plate setting. (When it was a Stock plate)

I have added another piece of stainless plate bolted to my plate 5" wide that hangs out the back 7". This gives me a totally different HUGE Rampy wake.
    2006 LAUNCH 21V

HARDCORE HYDROFOILING

You have pics of said wake?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I would actually disagree and tell you to take weight out of the back. If you are looking for less vert drain your rears and fill your front or keep adding weight to the front. You will also want to play with speeding the boat up a bit. Might play with shortening the rope a bit too.
    -The slower you go the more Vert you will have
    -The more weight in the back the more vert you will have
    -The longer your line you will have more vert you will have at the end of the wake before it crumbles

What year 22SSV is it? If it is 2007 or newer I would definitely try the things I said.

Diggs, I was speaking from a rampy versus peaky (as in getting punted at the top).

Loaded down the Supras love front weight and are naturally peaky
    Overload with rear weight and it becomes more rampy, less peaky
    Overload the front and you get the peaky that punts you.

We may still disagree, though? Ha, im not sure how our wording translates. The above was what I noticed, anyways. I played with it a little at the end of the year after riding behind a Malibu that was rampy and consistent, def not peaky.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Well...with my 21V if I load the rear down (I have custom made hard tanks 450lbs each side) with 3/4 full in the front (custom made 1500lb hard tank). Then set my plate at 3/4 UP. I ride at 27mph with 93ft rope this creates a HUGE ramp for me.

I'm spinning an ACME 1235 prop. 14.25x14.50. (any other prop seems to wash the wake a little too much.)

I have a friend that is running a 22V and he has set his up similar.
    2006 LAUNCH 21V

HARDCORE HYDROFOILING

Thanks for the advice fellas. Mine 22SSV is a late 2007 model.

We are riding at 24mph and at about 80 feet.

Foiltech, I would love to see pics of the mods to your wakeplate if you have any....

Doofus I will take some pics.

All it is 3/8" piece of stainless 5"x12" with 4 stainless bolts holding it to the original wake plate. I tried one with turned up corners (more pointed)that made a little difference But this flat piece makes the wake perfect for me. Riding the hydrofoil mostly I want a LONG smooth BIG ramp (for distance). Height comes more from the wings on the hydrofoil.

The one on the 22v is only 4"x12" wide and it is very close to giving the same wake. The wake plate on the 22v does not adjust as easily as my 21v though. In other words; my 21v (2006) will move maybe 1/16 of an inch when changing. The 22v (2010) has 1/2" movements. Nothing in between. So we adjust speed and ballast on it to get it where we want it.

I'll get some pictures of the wake and the plate this weekend.
    2006 LAUNCH 21V

HARDCORE HYDROFOILING