Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Rob - Your thread is really great! I'm trying to get the parts together that I need to rebuild the rudder, and I'm trying to find the parts locally if possible. However, your link to bestpartsonline has a mistake . . . it says in one place that the id measurement is 29.58mm and another place 28.58mm so I don't know what to look for locally. Do you know which it is?

Clint
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

I see what you're saying. The link is going to a 29.58 URL, but the page that loads is a 28.58 page. I've never noticed that, and I know I just copy and pasted the link. I checked their site, and both the 29.58 URL and the 28.58 URL go to the same product. I'm pretty confident that it's the 28.58.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

OK - but regardless, two of these seals you ordered from this website worked well for you . . .
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by csuggs View Post
    OK - but regardless, two of these seals you ordered from this website worked well for you . . .

I have bought some seal local from napa before but I cant find the part number, im currently looking.

Quote Originally Posted by csuggs View Post
    Yes, they were spot-on in size and worked well.

1986 Saltare

Default Repairing a older style rudder port

Good thread, especially since I discovered the slop in my rudder this weekend. How much slop is too much? Mine doesn't leak much but I can tell my steering is stiffer than when I first bought my sunsport.

Called-N-sick

Called-n-sick

Quote Originally Posted by Riddell360 View Post
    Good thread, especially since I discovered the slop in my rudder this weekend. How much slop is too much? Mine doesn't leak much but I can tell my steering is stiffer than when I first bought my sunsport.

Called-N-sick
    I'm sure it can be different for everyone, but in my experience the steering stiffness is from the cable and not the rudder.

1986 Saltare

My rudder has much more slop in it compared to when I purchased it, that's why I think it may be the rudder. I may need to check my cable as well.

Called-N-sick

Called-n-sick

Appreciate all the info everyone has shared on this topic. I've got a 1988 Supra Comp TS6M that has virtually nothing left inside the shaft port...so I didn't know what I needed to replace. This thread has been a huge help. Thanks again TitanTn for your original post and work to find the parts required to get me back on the lake!

I got mine back together several days ago, but just had a chance to get the boat wet today. No leaks!
    However . . The 1"x1-1/4" o-ring didn't fit so I used a 1-1/4"x1-7/16" instead and it fit much better. Anyway, I'm good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com