Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh yea i agree with jet, the leaned back look is the way to go on these boats! here are a few pics of our homemade tower.. im sure there are some out there that have this same style though. not the best pics but its all ive got ha
    epic water.jpg

Last edited by bluebrapper14; 02-15-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Tower, smower. You need to explain this photo! What lake is this? I don't see these signs around my local lake.
    tiki bar.jpg

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Bluebrapper how much did it cost to make your own and what material you use?

The Tower is made of aluminum, with the exception of the stainless heim joints that were used to mount the frame to the aluminum bases that are mounted to the hull. We did not build this tower, one of the previous owners did. I know the materials used on the tower are only a fraction of what some of these towers cost, however it would really be according to if you have the tools to get the job done; mainly a welder capable of welding aluminum.

Hey all! Any opinions on the Aerial towers? I am looking for one for my 1990 Sunsport and have seen a bunch of old supras on this site. I am looking at this tower: http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/v/...assault-pa.asp

I've been really happy with my Aerial Airborne, but keep in mind I went with Aerial because New Dimensions was out of my price point.

Thanks Chris! I actually saw your boat on their site and was going to ask you about it. How do you feel the quality is for the price? Is it pretty stable? Or lots of shakes and wobbles? Is it noisy?

I think it's a good value, it's kind of right in the middle of the price points as far as towers go. Mine doesn't have any noises whatsoever, and the only time I ever have any inkling of a worry is when the boat gets rocked really hard side to side while at speed. That shakes it pretty good but it doesn't make any noise and I haven't had any problems with any of it.

If you get it, get the screws for the joints that have the big knobs on them. I asked Aerial if they had any of those when I purchased, they didn't so I bought my own... next time I went on their site they were selling them. For people that are folding their tower down often like I do it makes life a lot easier. Also, you'll have to give the joints a quarter turn crank every once in a while just to make sure things are buttoned down and not having to deal with allan wrenches is nice.

Also, when I fold mine down, it rests on the vinyl that lines the insides of the gunwales of my boat. Using a 2 foot long piece of PVC pipe underneath the tow point solved that problem.

Again, if you will be folding it down, be careful the first time you do it. The way I set mine on my boat allows the forward legs to fold down onto the sidebars if you're not careful. I solved that by just putting small dock bumpers where the legs would touch. Again, I have had to fold it down literally EVERY time I've used my boat for the last two years so all of this is necessary for me.

Other than that, Aerial sells a good package with the tower mirror, two racks, wiring harness, and decent speakers with the Polk DB651s. I've had 3 guys, all over 200 lbs behind it before, and I'm 200 lbs and can pull pretty hard on the wakeboard and I've never had any problems. I used an 1/8" thick piece of aluminum to back each forward tower foot, underneath the fiberglass. Sorry I just ranted : )

Haha! No that is perfect, exactly what I wanted! I really like what they offer and they are on the top of my list.

HOWEVER, I work for a company called GoPro and with Monster I can get some industry pricing...haven't heard back about that from Aerial yet...

Not sure how Monster's towers stack up but I will have to do some more research